Chapter 16: Movie Night or Move Night?

Start from the beginning

I gave Angel a quick glance, with the corner of my mouth turning up into a smile. "You could say that Piccola," I said. I inwardly scoffed at her remarks, calling them sweet. "I'm glad you enjoyed their company," I said softly with a tinge of gruffness in it. My jaws clenched as the thought of our ruined date settled in my head. "But it should be our date!" stressing the last word as I unconsciously stared fiercely into the distance, eyes burning holes at the back of the armored Mercedes ahead of us.

The Mercedes changed lane and so I followed him. "You don't seem happy to see your friends?" I snapped my eyes to her when her words reached my ears, and quickly flashed her a reassuring grin. "Yes, to be honest, I'm not." I looked away again, glancing at her once in a while.

Call me selfish, but this is why I planned for this date. To fucking have her alone, and just then my friends had to show up.

I heard her chuckled. "But they were so happy to see you," she giggled. "It is it true you were hiding from Giovanni?" she asked after, shifting her body to face me, her eyes were like the sparkling pools in Gio's mansion. So innocent, and it warms my heart. There's a tinge of disapproval in it. "You should be grateful to have such friends. I would love to hang out with them all the time," she rambled.

"More than me?" I blurted out before I could comprehend it. I heaved a loud resigning sigh.

She burst out chuckling. "Of course not, silly," she said between chuckles. "You are so adorable, Isaias." Her eyes brimming with amusement.

"Now, I agree with Vito's statement. You're jealous," she said after.

I shook my head. Vito is really very influential.

Fuck him!

When I look at her, she was staring at me, still with a trace of amusement in her shining eyes. "I care for those bastards, believe me, Piccola, but I had all this planned. I cared for this date more than them, at this moment." My voice decreasing, my tone dripping with frustrations, sighing momentarily. "I'd rather have you alone. That's why it's a date, to be with you alone," I hissed a little frustrated as I stared hard at the blue chevy that merges into my lane.

I don't know why I'm so wired up, but I couldn't shake it off the irritation bubbling up in my system.

I'm so fucking kill, Vito.

"We can always go on another date, Isaias. That is, only if you want to?" she looks at me expectantly. I know she's trying to console me, and I'm a little guilty of acting like a child over a little thing.

"Of course, there will be more dates to come," I promised. "I gotta find a place where these two can't find us next time," I spewed out, and she stared at me in amusement.

"I'm sure, this was just purely coincidental. The next time, it will be just us," she remarked, her tone were too confident, and I just nodded, not really wanting to tell her that Vito had this all planned to annoy the hell out of me. "Well, let's just enjoy it, alright?" she chirped, her eyes brimming with happiness.

"The more, the merrier, as they say, Isaias. It's fun when we have company," she gave me a pointed look as she smiled sweetly, and I just shook my head, biting back whatever words that want to come out from my mouth and simply nodded.

"Your friends actually look rough, dangerous rather. Just like you," she said randomly, and turned her head to me as she giggled enthusiastically, "but within those rough edges were a soft one."

I just soon found myself chuckling at her remarks. She's really adorable, and I fucking adore her. I pulled into the parking lot following the Mercedes, then parked at the empty spot close to Leone's car.