Chpt. 41 - Love Wins Pt. 2

(AN: Watch the video it made me cry omf. Also, after watching the video I realized that I had not done enough research and this chapter and the one before this should both take place at the supreme court, not the white house...ALSO, IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO WRITE THIS AND I WAS TYPING REALLY SLOWLY BECAUSE THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER AND I DONT WANT IT TO END I know what you're thinking, "But Danielle, if you don't want it to end, can't you just keep writing it?" haha nope. This has been dragged on for over a year and I have like zero motivation/inspiration to write it...I'm also working on a couple other ideas for fics right now and I'm trying to get an update schedule going and the more works you have on the go, the harder it is to update regularly :( I hope you guys enjoy this!!)

~Will Solace~

My face turns a bright red as an older lady in a dark grey pantsuit enters the elevator. She looks at me, then at Nico, then at our linked hands. Her eyes go wide as she puffs up her cheeks and exhales loudly; turning away from us, she presses a floor button without a word.

The ride to the lobby is painfully quiet and quite uncomfortable. The lady fiddles with her purse, Nico pretends to be interested in the wall panels and floor tiles, and I awkwardly count down the seconds between each floor we pass. 

When the elevator stops the lady rushes out in a hurry, as do me and Nico. Sucking in a huge breath of air then letting it out loudly, I laugh.

"That was the worst thing I've ever experienced in my life."

"I've walked through Tartarus alone and it wasn't as bad as that." He laughs.

"She kept looking at our outfits and sneering."

He chuckles, "Sneering."

"She was! She had the nastiest look on her face!"

"She was probably jealous that two teenage boys look better in crop tops and short shorts than she would." 

"Get wrecked," I whisper as we walk through the crowded lobby. Nico giggles and gives my hand a little squeeze. As we walk out the exit and to the entrance to the underground parking we hear someone yelling.

"Hey, you! The boys in the crop tops!" He says, Nico and I stop walking and breathing. Slowly, we turn around and let out a big breath of air; the man that was calling us is also wearing a crop top and carrying a gay pride flag. "You two on your way to the White House?"

"Yeah," I reply.

"You're going to the underground parking, you got a car?" He says, a little out of breath. I nod slowly. "Can me and my boyfriend please get a ride? We're going to the same place you are, for the same reasons you are." 

"Where is he?" Nico asks softly.

"Huh?"

"Your boyfriend, where is he?"

"Our hotel room, he was just finishing his makeup. Sorry, I'm a little out of breath; I ran down the stairs to catch up with you guys. Normally I would've just gotten a taxi or an Uber, but you know how judgemental people can be towards gays." He smiles half-heartedly. "This is really important to me I'm going to propose to my boyfriend today."

I look at Nico, he smiles and nods. "We would love to give you guys a ride." 

The man's smile grows and he covers his face with his hands. "God bless you both. I'll go get him, we'll be quick, I promise." 

When he turns and runs back into the hotel, Nico looks up at me a big smile on his face. After saying something in fast Italian, he smiles even brighter and hugs me tightly. Confused, I hug him back and kiss the top of his head.