Chpt. 7- The Little Black Ball

~Will Solace~

My eyes flutter open and I get blinded by a bright light.

I thought it would be much darker considering this is the underworld.

I feel something heavy laying on my chest. I move my hand from my eyes and I see a black ball curled up on me. I look around and almost start crying.

I'm alive.

My heart monitor speeds up. A nurse should be coming in any second now. All of the chatter in the infirmary stops. The only sound is the beeping of my monitor. Then it gets loud again, people are screaming my name and running to me.

Their probably just coming to make fun of me because I'm so stupid that I couldn't even manage to kill myself.

The curtains fly open and the black ball on my chest bolts up.

"What?! What's wrong?!"

Is-Is that Nico?

"Turn around." My sister Kayla says, tears running down her face. He turns around and looks me dead in the eye.

"Will." He whispers.

"Hey buddy."

Was my voice always this shitty?

"Will!" The younger boy screams throwing his arms around me. I sit there shocked for a minute or two then I hug him back.

"I missed you so much!" He sobs into my shoulder.

"Sure you did."

"No really I did, I really really did. Ask anyone."

"Kay. Kayla, did Nico miss me."

"He did. Every night he would climb into your bed and the only way to get him off of you was to knock him out."

"Look!" He sobs pointing at his neck. There's a whole bunch of tiny red dots from the needles. "It hurted."

Hurted? Did Nico Di Angelo, the ghost king really just say hurted?

"Oh buddy, you poor thing."

"Ka-ayla-a and Aust-ti-in are so mean!" He sobs and buries his face into my chest.

Why is he acting like this?

"Is he okay?" I mouth to Kayla. She looks at the ground and slowly shakes her head no.

I wonder what happened while I was out.

"Sh, ssshhh sh sh. It's okay Nico, calm down, please stop crying. I don't like it when you're sad." He calms down but every once and awhile I hear him sniffle.

"Kayla?"

"Yeah Will?" I put my arms out for a hug.

"You look like you're about to explode." She squeals and runs over.

"No!" Nico screams, and I mean screams.

"Hey, hey, Nico, buddy it's okay." He looks at me with puppy dog eyes, his lip is quivering and there are tears in his eyes that threatening to fall any second.

"I'm sorry Kay, later."

"Oh. Ok." She says pouting.

"Will?"

"Yeah Neeks?" He blushes and giggles a little.

Awwwweeeeee he's so fricking cute!!!!!!!!!!

"W-Were you telling the truth when you said you loved me?"

What? I don't ever remember saying that. I've wanted to, multiple times but I've... The note!!!! He read the note!!!!

"Well of course I was telling the truth." He smiles this big, cheesy, toothy grin. One like when the dentists tell you to so they can see all of you teeth.

"I love you too Will, I have for a long time but I thought you were straight so I didn't want to say anything cause I thought you would be weirded out but you love me!" He says really fast. I laugh.

"Calm down sweetie, I'll be here for a while." I say ruffling his hair.

"Great." He says sarcastically.

"What?"

"Now it looks like I have sex hair." I laugh a little harder than I should have.

"Theres the Nico I fell in love with." I say kissing his forehead and his face turns bright red. "Nico?"

"Yeah?"

"W-Will you be my boyfriend?" He looks like he just won the lottery.

"Yes! Yes yes yes yes yes!!"

Awe, he's honestly so fricking adorable.

I kiss his forehead again and this time he kisses my cheek back. I blush and he giggles then yawns.

"Have a nap baby, I'm going to be here when you wake up. I promise."

"Baby." He giggles. He gives me one more kiss on my cheek then he lays down on top of me in the same position he was in when I woke up. "I love you Will." He whispers.

"I love you to Nico." I say kissing the top of his head. Within seconds he's asleep.

"Kayla?"

"Yeah?" I put my arms out for a hug.

"Now, just be careful of him." She hugs me around he neck and quietly cries into my shoulder.

"You should be more concerned about yourself." I look at my body.

I've seen skeletons with more meat on them.

"How long was I out?"

"Almost three weeks."

"Wow. What's wrong with Nico?"

"We need to discuss that in private."

Something really bad must've happened for us to need to discuss it in private. My poor little cinnamon roll.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: Don't forget to vote, comment, and share with fellow Solangelo shippers!!