Chapter 27 - Can you tell i haven't slept very well?

Start from the beginning

“I’m okay, Lex.”

I heard footsteps and Trey and I both snapped our heads to the staircase.

Sophie stopped dead in her tracks and looked at us.

She was wearing blue skinny jeans and a black Of Mice And Men shirt.

“Why are you guys awake?” She said loudly.

“SHH!!” Trey and I both said pointing to We Are The In Crowd.

“Is that…”

“Yep.” I said.

“I forgot you were friends with them. When did they get here?” she was talking quieter now.

“3 o’clock this morning.”

“Oh… that was only a few hours ago.”

“What time is it?” Trey asked.

“7:45. I have to be at work in 10 minutes… So! I’m going to go…” She said quietly walking towards the door. She pulled on Kellin’s Football jacket that he gave to her after he graduated and then shoved her feet into her black and red checkered slip on Vans.

“See you guys! Oh! Make sure Kellin’s awake by 8. You can go wake him up right now. He probably fell back asleep.”

“He’s such a child.” Trey said.

“Yes well, you put up with him for longer than I have, so suck it up.” Sophie said.

I laughed and she left.

I went upstairs and into Kellin’s room.

He was trying to go back to sleep. He was shirtless and his blankets had fallen to his hips. I decided against ripping the sheets off of him because I had no idea what him and Sophie had done the night before and seeing my little brother naked was on my list of DON’T’s.

I looked behind me and saw Trey had followed me.

I motioned for him to come in.

He came to stand behind me and he said,

“I wouldn’t rip the covers off if I were you. Who knows what him and Sophie did last night.”

I laughed and looked at Trey. He was smiling at me.

“I think we should dump water on his head…” I said loudly knowing Kellin wasn’t actually sleeping.

Kellin rolled over and pulled the blanket up over his face.

I looked at him and smirked, holding back my laughter.

Trey took a couple steps until we were within reach of each other.

He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me against him.

“Go with it.” He whispered.

“I have a better idea.” He said loudly.

I giggled as he leaned towards me and I leaned towards him.

“Get your hands off of my sister!” Kellin said still facing away from us.

I couldn’t stop myself and I burst out laughing.

“Dammit! You ruined a beautiful moment, Stevens!” Trey said making me laugh even more.

Kellin finally rolled over and that’s when I noticed the bracelet on his left wrist. It was a brownish tan color and had black beads threaded through it.

“I made that in 7th grade!” I said smiling like an idiot

“And I’ve been wearing since I was in grade 6!” he said