Part 63: When I Say I Do (pt.2)

AN: Hey guys! I had to split this chapter into three chapters because it's more than 20,000 words long, and I didn't want to give you one long-ass chapter. So here is part two, and part three should follow close behind! Please tell me what you think in the comments, it would be much appreciated as I worked very hard on these last chapters.

Love you all!

____________________________________

Michael's point of view

This was it. June and I were married, and I felt I could fly as much as I was happy at that precise moment when we both pulled away from each other. With her arms around my neck, June looked at me with tearful eyes as a grin decorated her flawless face. She was the most beautiful woman in this world to me, and I couldn't express how much I loved her. Even if I wanted to, I wouldn't be able to put into words how she made me feel just by being there with me. She was my greatest accomplishment, my most beautiful love story, the best thing that's ever happened to me: she was my wife, and the woman I'd love for all my life.

As we turned towards the crowd, hands in hands, the flower girls showered us with rose petals and other confetti, which made the both of us laugh, as the rest of the guests were on their feet, clapping loudly and shedding tears of joy.

"Shall we go, Mrs. Jackson?" I asked June, that same grin never leaving my face.

"We shall, dear husband of mine," she giggled, tightening her grip on my hand.

Together and under the never-ending cheering of the crowd, we left the ceremony the same way we did during rehearsals. We met one of the photographers at the end of the aisle, who directed us to the spot where he wanted us to pose for the pictures. In the meantime, Jeremy and Kate were inviting the guests to the reception venue, that is to say underneath the huge white tent that was placed a few meters away from the ceremony's venue, for cocktails.

"Okay guys, here we go," the photographer said, as we arrived to the spot where my Giving Tree was. The photographer's team put everything in place for us, and finally we were able to pose for the official photos that would be in the press on the next morning. "The surroundings are just perfect, the sun is shining, the bride is breathtaking, the groom is elegant... We've got everything needed to make the perfect pictures!" he clapped his hands enthusiastically, and went to take his camera in his little bag. "Do I have to give you advice, or would that be awkward? You know, considering it's your job, Ms. Well-I mean, Mrs. Jackson," he giggled shyly, rubbing the back of his head.

"It's alright," June giggled, and put her arms around my neck. "We just need to show you how happy we are," she grinned, showing me her pearly whites.

"You got it!" the man cheered again, before aiming his camera our way.

"Look at that, we're posing together," I giggled as I placed my hand on June's hip.

"And in the best outfits possible," she added with a little giggle as well, looking up at me.

I got lost in the beauty of her sparkling blue eyes, like my irises were meeting hers for the very first time, like I just discovered how beautiful she really was at that particular moment. I tried hard to tell myself I wasn't living any kind of dream, but I just wouldn't believe it. She seemed too unreal to even be my wife. How did I get so lucky? What did I have that she loved about me? I wouldn't know.

"You're so handsome," she whispered, caressing my cheek with her left hand, where her wedding band was.

Hearing those words coming out of June's mouth was always comforting to me. With the lack of confidence I have, hearing the woman I was in love with telling me that I was handsome and perfect ninety percent of the time was exactly what I needed to hear to gain some self-confidence. I only needed her to think I was handsome, and nobody else.