Part 18: Bad Call

Michael's point of view

As the sunrays coming through the windows of my bedroom  hit my sleepy face, I turned around, my back facing the windows, and opened my eyes slightly to have the best view I could have wished for. June was facing me, her hair all over the place, and the bed sheets put aside so I had a perfect view on her perfect body. Her underwears were put back on after the full night of love making we had the previous night, and she was peacefully sleeping. When I looked at the digital clock on the nightstand behind her, I noticed it was only eight in the morning, which meant that we've been sleeping for less than two hours. I couldn't get my eyes off of her, and couldn't help but smile like an idiot at the sight before my eyes. I dreamed so many nights that this would happen again, and now it happened, I just can't get enough of her. I wish I could stay there in bed with her for the rest of my life. I came closer to her, and delicately placed my hand on her waist. She stirred a little, but then, still asleep, moved towards me. She wrapped her arms around my waist like she never wanted to let go of me. I smiled to myself, and rubbed her hair back, enjoying every bit of this moment with her. I wanted her even closer to me, even though it wasn't possible. I wanted her to hold on to me like this for ever.

The conversation we had throughout the night was mostly about June's new home in Montecito, and the reasons why she decided to buy a home there. She admitted that she wanted to be closer to me, but it was not the one and only reason. She explained that she was planning on basing her foundation there, because of the diversity of people here in California. If this works the way she wants it to work, then she revealed that she'll probably create one in New York as well. This plan of hers is a good way for her to come back to her roots as a translator, which normally is her job. She expressed to me how sad she felt when she realized that she let this part of her down to be a model: she felt like she kind of lost a part of herself. I reassured her by telling her that this idea of foundation to help people learning english was a great idea, that it'll help people for sure, but it'll also help her to get back on the horse. I think she trully needs that. Plus, she said that there is a few people here in California that want her to be a manger for young and new models, so she can explain to them the job in its totality: the pros, and cons. Everthing seemed to be at its best for her professionaly speaking, and this made me happy to see that she finally was able to do whatever she wanted with her professional life without someone telling her what she should do.

"Why is this feeling so right?" she asked, her voice muffled against my chest.

Her voice snapped me out of my thoughts, and I instantly smiled when the sound of her sleepy and soft voice came to my ears.

"Because it is," I smiled, continuing to rub her hair gently. "This has always felt right."

"You kow just as well as me that we shouldn't have done what we did last night," she said, and looked at me in the eyes. "It was a mistake."

"It was a beautiful mistake though," I smirked, and caressed her cheek. "I never did a mistake that felt as right as this one felt."

"That's how you feel about it?" she asked me, snuggling her face against my hand.

"Exactly, and after I thought over and over again about it all, I came to think: why can't I be with the one and only person I really want in this world?"

"Because things are not that easy," she said, and got out of bed, putting my red shirt from last night on her almost naked body.

"You sound just like you regret what we did," I said, hurt.

"Michael! Of course not," she argued, turning around to see me. "I won't ever, ever, regret making love with you. You know why?"

"Because I'm good at it?" I teased, wiggling my eyebrows suggestively.