Part 17: Easier

June's point of view

Montecito, California,
Two weeks later, 9/11/1990.

"And there you have the master bedroom, with its own bathroom, of course. Those French windows give onto the wonderful city that Montecito is, and when it's sunny, the sunrays invade the whole room, and you can feel--"

"Dude, stop the poetry," I laughed at the man giving me a tour of the condo I'm planning on buying in Montecito. "I can see it's a beautiful place by myself."

Don't judge me before you know everything. I'm not buying a condo here just to be closer to Michael. It's a reason among a lot of other ones. I'm buying a condo here because there are tons of opportunities for me. I received a lot of calls from different fashion agencies who want me to be a kind of manager for new and young models. They basically want me to teach new models what this career is about: the pros and the cons. I don't think it's a bad idea, I'd like to do that, but I had other projects in my mind. First of all, I had to take the control of my life back and do whatever I wanted. As my initial job is to be a translator, I decided to create an association which has for aim to help people integrating in the country by teaching them how to speak English. A lot of people here in California need that. I mean, the diversity in this state is amazing: you have all kind of people there, and I like that. I want to help those people, and show them that they're not alone: I want to help them to live their American Dream by teaching them our language so things can be easier for them here. I admire those people. They left everything: their country, their culture, and even sometimes their family, so they can afford a better level of life to them. I just want to help them. I've always loved to help people, and sadly, after what happened with Matt, I had to stop working at the association which helps people with the same disease as my brother. However, I never stopped sending money every single month to help the research. I've been doing that ever since Julian passed away.

Apart from that, I finally found the time to go back to dancing. I really missed that, if you ask me. Dancing for pleasure, dancing for nobody else than yourself. You certainly are wondering why didn't I simply ask Michael to be my teacher, right? Well... Since I left Neverland on his birthday, things were pretty odd between the two of us. We were both really busy dealing with stuff on our own, and didn't have much time to hang out together, so we just had phone conversations for hours. I really wanted to be by his side, but I knew Janet and LaToya were staying with him, so he wasn't alone dealing with all the crap going on in his life. He needs to get back on his feet, and focus on his life without me bugging him. I spent hours listening to him, spitting his heart out to me. It felt good to know he confessed to me about what was going on in his life. He never stopped telling me how much he needed me there with him, but he perfectly knew it wasn't a good idea. His contract with Jessica would be over in two more weeks, we just had to wait before seeing each other again. I knew I wouldn't be able to restrain myself from kissing him or just be close to him, so I decided against the idea to see each other for a moment.

"Sorry," the guy nervously laughed. "This is my job to convince people to but this condo, so I guess every mean is good."

"Stop convincing me. I'm buying it."

"Really?" The guy asked me, his eyes widening.

"Uh, yeah? Why is this so surprising?" I laughed.

"Wow, um. B-Because you're my first buyer, and on top of that, you're a celebrity! My boss is going to be ecstatic!"

"I'm no celebrity," I laughed at his excitement. "I'm glad to make you happy though."

"You have no idea! Here, come on the kitchen so you can sign the papers and stuff. You'll be able to have the keys of this little piece of heaven at the end of the day."