Part 23: Blessed

Michael's point of view

Tim was certainly one of the sweetest little boy I had to meet in my entire life, and God knows I met a lot of children. I mean, when I was showing June's family around Neverland, every single little thing, detail, amazed him. It's like he was discovering an amusment park for the first time, or as if he saw wild animals for the first time as well. He was so curious about everything he kept asking questions, as every eight-year-old boy would do. Josh asked him several times to stop asking questions, but I told him that it was fine. I like to know that children are willing to learn thing, and I feel honored to be the one to teach them things, or help them discovering stuff. Everybody seemed captivated by the animals though, not only Tim. I think I heard David and Jeremy gasping a few times when they saw the giraffe and lions. Apparently, it was the first time they saw those kind of animals for real, and I was glad it was here, in Neverland. June and Josh spent their time catching up, teasing each other, and showing their mutual affection to one another. I remembered one day, June told me why she was this close of her cousin: it's because, back in the days, the both of them, along with Julian, were really always together, and as Julian and Josh were the same age, they kind of grew up together, and so she can find some of brother through her cousin.

As I was talking to Michelle and Damon about the property, I heard squealing and cussing behind us, and when I turned around, I noticed that Josh was chasing June around with what looked like a huge spider in his hands. The look on June's face was priceless, and I couldn't help but laugh at her and the scene that was going on before my eyes. She was running in her four inches heels towards me, and when she reached me, she jumped in my arms, and hold on to my neck like her life depended on me.

"It's only a spider!" Josh called from the distance, and I laughed even more when June hid her face in the crook of my neck like some kind of scared kid.

"He's got a point, baby," I told her, chuckling. "You always told me you weren't afraid of spiders, you liar," I teased.

"I'm not scared of spiders in general, but did you see the size of that one? This thing isn't a spider, I'm telling you this."

"Oh, I got it!" I said, looking at June as she was removing her head from my neck. "It was just an excuse to jump in my arms."

"What?" she asked, raising her perfect eyebrows. "Get over yourself, machoman," she said, giving me a sarcastic smile and started walking away from me. "Plus, I don't need any kind of excuse to jump in you arms!" she called, without looking over her shoulder.

I watched her closely walking over her family while shaking my head with an idiotic smile plastered on my face, realizing how lucky I was to have such a beautiful woman by my side. Shortly after, Josh joined me, and friendly wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders.

"You're aware you're checking out your own girl, man?" he asked, chuckling.

"I know," I chuckled as well. "It's hard not to."

"Being sexy is family business," he said, winking at me, which caused me to laugh at him.

"If you say so," I shrugged, which caused him to playfully nudged me.

"Hey, by the way um... Can I ask you something?" he asked me after a short silence.

"Sure. What is it?"

"Did um, did June tell you about this girl she met at the agency?"

"Yeah, she told me. Why?" I asked, skeptical. Josh removed his arm from around my shoulder, and put on a serious face. "What's wrong?"

"I don't know. She told us they are kind of... rivals, but I feel like there is something more she didn't tell us."

"What did she tell you?" I asked, raising a brow, while we were slowly walking side by side.