Part 16: (Un)Happy Birthday! (pt. 3)

June's point of view

This entire situation was too much for me to handle, and I couldn't help but feel guilty about it all. I mean, I am the person who came in that bedroom uninvited and who discovered the truth, I'm the person who came to Neverland while Michael and I decided to stay out of each other's life... Why did I come here? Why did I even try to come back into Michael's life in the first place? Jessica said it herself, she caused this pain to Michael because of me, because she wanted him to stay away from me because she fell in love with him. I can understand that part though; Michael is easy to fall in love with. He's the greatest person I ever met: he's sweet, caring, smart, handsome, talented... He's perfect to me, and to a lot of people out there. I guess this explained my need to have him back into my life. For those couple of years I've been away from him, it's like a part of me died inside. It's funny when I think about it because I thought that, after Julian's passing, I just died inside, but I feel like I was born again the day Michael kissed me for the very first time, but I died once again the day I left him. He was the missing piece to my puzzle: whenerver he's away from me, I feel a hole inside of me, I feel empty. When he's with me, it's like I know everything's going to be just fine. Knowing he still loved me brought so much warmness in my heart, I can't even explain it. To love is one thing, but when you're loved back, then it's a whole different thing.

I didn't feel like leaving Michael alone in that mess, so I just decided to go out and meet the family while he was handling his buisness with Jessica. I couldn't get my mind off of that thought, thinking about what he was saying to her, how he reacted to all of this.

As soon as the Jacksons saw me, I noticed mixed emotions on their faces. Confusion on Joseph's, Janet's and Jermaine's face, and pure joy on Randy's, Katherine's and LaToya's face. I never understood, and probably never will, how can people be so forgiving and adorable. I mean, I know I broke Michael's heart by breaking up with him, but none of them - minus Joseph, who apparently was a little bit mad at me for that, according to Janet - turned his back at me. I mostly kept in touch with Janet, but whenever she was with Katherine or her siblings, she made sure to say hi to them from me, as I asked her. Katherine was always sweet to me, and always told me how proud she was of me, and kept repeating that she didn't believe what was written about me and Michael in the press.

"June!" Randy smiled from ear to ear. "I didn't know you were supposed to come," he said, giving me a tight hug and spinning me around.

"Randy," I laughed, holding his shoulders, "stop this, or I'm going to vomit on you!"

"Ewww!" he exclaimed, putting me down on my feet again. "That wasn't sexy."

"I didn't mean to sound sexy anyways," I winked at him. "It's good to see you!"

"Oh, it's good to see you too! But I'm disapponited in you," he pouted, and I laughed at his action. "You never called me like you said you would!"

"Aww," I cooed, patting his shoulder gently, "I'm sorry about that. But my presence here is way better than a simple phonecall, right?" I smiled.

Randy has always been able to put a smile on my face, whenever I was feeling bad or just blue. His flirty ways always made me laugh. At that particular moment, I tried hard to put a fake smile on without someone noticing, but Randy made things so much easier for me. I was sad and angry about the past events, but he made me forget about this in a heartbeat.

"You're right," he smiled, and give me yet another hug. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Hey Romeo, can you let the lady breathe for a second? Other people would like to greet her as well," Jermaine said from behind his brother, and I giggled a bit.