“Why? I know you like it and you know how l love to make you happy”.

“Because I have things to do” I groaned into his shoulder.

Dorian pulled back a little to look at me. “How about I treat you if you stay with me”?

“Bribery is not attractive”.

“Oh it is it just depends what’s on offer” he whispered in a seductive voice.

“Well then why don’t you tell me”?

“Kiss me first and promise you’ll stay”.

“No can do Mr Clarke”.

He chuckled. “Do you know how long it’s been since someone has called me that”?

“No but it felt kind of weird”.

“It makes me feel old”.

“You mean older” I corrected.

“Ha ha no sassing Miss Mars”.

“That sounded weird too”.

“I think it sounded kind of sexy personally”.

“Will you stop”? I exclaimed smacking his arm.

“Even if I wanted to I don’t think I could”.

“You’re getting very, heated very fast lately”.

“It’s getting harder to resist you”.

“You make it sound like I’m tempting you”.

“Aren’t you”? He asked incredulous.

“No”.

“Liar, how could you not? I mean look at you, the way you move it’s like you’re teasing me on purpose. Perhaps I should stop calling you baby and call you temptress instead”.

“No”! I’d hate that it sounds so, ergh.

“I think it’s apt”.

I pouted up at Dorian and rest my chin on his chest so I could look right up into his eyes. “I like being baby”. His eyes lost their humour and as they gazed lovingly back at me while his arms pulled me tighter to his body.

“Call me handsome”.

 I smiled. “Handsome”.

“I love it when you call me that”.

“I know, now please exit my room before I make Alec kick you out which he’d be only too happy to do”. Unfortunately I shattered the haze I’d managed to put him in by asking him to leave.

“Hold on hold on, now you don’t know what I’m offering”.

I sighed. “Fine what is it”?

“If you stay with me today, I’ll take you to where I grew up”.

“Really”?

“Mmhmm” he nodded exaggeratedly like a child; it made me want to kiss him again but I was overcome by worry about what the offered excursion might cost him. I know Dorian doesn’t like to talk to me about his past and I know that he’d do it anyway if I asked him to but that doesn’t mean I’ll put him through pain to satisfy my curiosity.

“Dorian you really don’t have to do that, if you want me to stay that bad I will – I know you don’t like talking about certain things”.

“Emma I don’t mind talking to you about my childhood, my human years not at all. The only things I’ll ever rue telling you is the first half a century of my change”.

“Are you sure”?

“Of course”. He doesn’t look phased, if anything he has little glow about him... and it would be nice to understand him more.

“Well I’d still like to get dressed” I told him with a small shove.

A hopeful smile brightened his gorgeous face. “Does that mean you’ll stay with me”?

“... I guess – but don’t get used to it”! I warned pointing a finger.

“I won’t and thank you; I miss you when you’re not here or in arms reach for that matter”.

“I miss you too so no more guilt tripping me into coming home early or staying home ok”?

“I guess – but don’t get used to it” he tagged on the end imitating my stern voice.

“Humph” I pouted up at him not liking the power he had over but loving him for it at the same time, because no one has ever had so much influence over me or my life but I trust Dorian with it, with that power and with my life.