Chapter 45

SORRY FOR THE ENORMOUS, UNFORGIVABLE WAIT, BUT HERE IT IS AND I SINCERELY HOPE YOU ENJOY IT, SORRY AGAIN AND THANK YOU FOR READING

LILDAYDREAMERXXXX

______________________________________________________________________

Emma

How he did it I refused to let myself question, well tried to anyway. It was pretty hard not to considering it was what I thought about the most. I expect it has something to do with his special talent and that for some short portion of the evening his fake green eyes had reverted to their natural brown colour.

I shook my head in amazement, my arms folded across my chest as I watched Dorian load our bags into the trunk of his car with a smug smile on his face while he did it. Alec was scowling through the living room window, very unhappy about what was happening and that he could do nothing about it.

Staring at Alec for a minute I looked back at Dorian with a frown. “Don’t you feel even a little bit bad”?

“Nope, I told you Emma, my duty is to you, screw everyone else, we need this”. His voice was muffled on a count of his head being in the trunk of the car, but I still heard and I don’t know whether to agree or change my mind and stay here.

“And what exactly is keeping my parents from trying to kill you”?

He turned his face out to me with a smug grin. “I told them that I’m going to go spend Christmas with some relatives and that I am just being the friendly, accommodating guest who is so thankful for them letting me stay with them that I offered to drop you off at your Aunt and Uncle’s place along the way”.

“My Aunt and Uncle are coming here for Christmas”. I reminded him, almost happy at his slip.

“Not anymore, they decided that they wanted a quiet Christmas with the boys and little Elliot”. Dorian smiled and stood straight.

I felt the pout on my face; I’m going to miss Elliot. “Oh, I forgot that Elliot would come... I’m going to have to visit again, that baby is gorgeous”.

Dorian’s eyes became serious. “I’m well aware – before I knew that he was a baby and family member, that kid was top of my list”.

“List? What list”?

“A very bad list”. He told me with amusement though his seriousness was ill-concealed.

“Uh huh, and what happens when they call each other and I’m nowhere in sight”?

“I fixed it so that no one will notice that you’re gone, well except for Alec which of course is why he’s trying to burn a whole in my face judging by the size of that glare I’m getting right now”. He told me, eyeing the window now.

I didn’t like that people wouldn’t realise I was gone, what if something happened and I needed them? What if they forgot me forever?