chapter 14

I told Dorian I had to go back to the kitchen seeing as I told them I was only going to the bathroom he was a little upset about it but told me that he'd for me in my room until Jeremy leaves. After giving him a kiss I left him to his reading which incedently he told me he doesn't need to mark the page of having perfect vamperic recall like he does. 

When I made it back to the kitchen Alec and Jeremy were talking about baseball, again! It's not that I mind sports I'd just rather be playing it than watching or talking about it. 

"What took you so long"? 

"I still feel nauscous I thought I was going to hurl so I stayed in the bathrrom a while". I lied it's not like I could say I was reassuring my vampire boyfriend that I don't mind that he can't have children with me. 

"Should you really be walking around Emma"? Jeremy asked concerned. 

"I'm not sitting still another day I can't take it, drives me friggin crazy". 

"I know" he smiled "anyway I should get back home fill Zoe in then I've got to do this huge essay on the domestic and international problems America faced 1968 and something about Nixon's administration". 

"I think I actually got off lightly with the heart attack". 

"I know right? So unfair, anyway I'll probably call you tonight for your notes". 

"I wasn't there to make any". 

"They'll still be better than mine besides you can help me google it". 

"Ok" I laughed "please tell Zoe not worry Jeremy". 

"Will do now gimme a hug" I walked over to him as he stood and wrapped my arms around his middle". "I love you Em take care of yourself alright". 

"I will and I love you too Jer" I laughed. 

"Just because you had a heart attack doesn't mean I won't throw something at you". 

"Just because you're eighteen in a week doesn't mean I won't still put sand down your pants" he narrowed his eyes playfully and kissed the top of my head.

"You better get me an awesome gift". 

"I already did" his eyes lit up like a tree at christmas. 

"Yay"! 

"Come on I'll walk you to the door" he raised his hand palm up to me. 

"No sit down I can make it". 

"Alright, bye" I called. 

"Bye Emma" he said over his shoulder and I heard the door open and then close a second later. 

"Emma can we talk"? Alec asked.

"I have nothing to say to you, I know you were trying to taunt Dorian with Jeremy it's not fair"! 

"Neither is what he's going to do to you"! 

"What happens beteen me and Dorian is our bussiness no one elses so stay out of it Alec"! 

"You are my bussiness Emma how -" I cut him off

"Where are Mom and Dad"? 

"They got a call while you upstairs they won't be back till late why"? 

"Just making sure there are no witnesses to me kicking your ass". 

"Please Emma be resonable this is ridiculous he's not even human he kills people". 

"Not anymore, not if he can help it" I muttered remembering our conversation in the hospital. 

"What if he can't help it and it's you he kills next"? At that Dorian burst through the kitchen door with his hand closed around Alecs throat and a glare that could kill.