Chapter 13

It felt like forever until two days later when I was finally let out of hospital, unfortunately I was sadly mistaken if I thought I could start some real healing in my own bed in my own room because of a little someone I forgot to inform of my sudden ill health and who'd heard it from Alec's facebook page that his best friend had suffered a heart attack. 

Dad was walking me to the door with his arm tight around my waist and the other under my elbow so he could steer me into the house. I tried to tell him I was fine but one thing they neglect to tell you about heart attacks is how exhausting they are and coupled with not being able to sleep in the hospital you're kept in to get better really doesn't leave much room for argument so when someone is offering to practically carry me then I'll let them. 

"Amy would you get the door please"? 

"Sure honey two seconds" my Dad and I both turned our heads to see what was keeping my Mom and was a little put out to see she was just straightening out her clothes and hair.

"What are you doing? It's only the boys inside" Dad said shaking his head.

"I know but Dorian's still a guest I don't want him thinking we're sloppy" ... please tell me Mom does not have a crush on Dorian! Dad must of been thinking along the same lines because he huffed slightly miffed.

"Right here hon I'm standing right here". I smiled up at him and gave him a one arm hug so he knew I at least hadn't traded him in. He smiled back and was about to try the door himself when it burst open making me scream and clutch my Dad tighter to me and vice versa.

"Jeremy for God's sake Emma needs calm not to be scared to death, you do realise she had a heart attack"?

"Yeah no thanks to you or anyone around here I mean everyone knows when the shit hits the fan the best friend is always the first one to call, but how do I hear about it? Facebook Emma Facebook how do you think that makes me feel"? 

"Lets talk about this inside" My Dad was too shocked to move so Jeremy took me out of his grasp and brought me into the kitchen himself where both Dorrian and Alec were. I made it a mission not to look at Dorian because I knew I'd want to be in his arms and that really wouldn't be ideal right now. Jeremy sat me at the table and pulled out a chair to sit right in front of me waiting for his answer. 

"Hey sis you feeling better"? Alec asked moving to talk to me. 

"Not now Alec I'm trying to have conversation with Emma" Jeremy snapped. 

"Alright obviously the happy couple are having domestic troubles" he laughed sticking around to watch the show. 

"Well"? Jeremy hedged. I sighed rubbing my face with my hands and started to talk. 

"It's not like I had to time to be like, oh I'm having a heart attack wait a second if we could just hold it a sec I need to call Jeremy". 

"You had three days and yes I'm counting the first night". 

"I'm sorry Jeremy". 

"How would you feel if it was the other way around"? 

"I'd get you better again just so I could kick your ass" I replied truthfully. 

"Exactly". 

"I'm sorry it's not every day I have a heart attack and I had a lot on my mind in there". 

"Like what"? He asked taking my hand in his and rubbing my knuckles like he does when I'm angry "You can tell me anything Em". 

"I know I just, not right now" he glanced around the kitchen seeing Dorian and Alec's presence and nodded not touching it again.