Chapter 17

Vote Fan Comment please don't leave me hangin here guys!

Lildaydreamerxxxx

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

When I got home it was about eight thirty and Mom was cleaning dishes before she put them into the dishwasher as always, personally I think she has some OCD issues. I’ll admit I’m not without my little cleaning quirks like not being able to touch dirty plates and cutlery once they’ve been in the sink, before the sink fine but not after I just think about all the food people didn’t scrape off into the trash congealing together and then actually having to touch it makes me gag a little.

“Hey honey how was babysitting”?

“Jeremy or Zoe”? I asked and she laughed.

“I’ve always liked Jeremy he’s such a nice boy if not a little forward”.

“He’s the best how’s work”? I asked out of politeness really my mind was wandering to Dorian it started to hit me as I left with Jeremy earlier at how little I’ve seen him lately and after everything that happened at school today my need to be around him got a lot more intense.

“Same old it doesn’t vary too much you know I only work with the older patients sometimes I envy your Father working in the ICU much faster paced up there”.

“Maybe but I don’t think I could deal with having to tell families bad news I think I’d actually hire someone out my own pay check to do it for me”.

“That is a hard part of the job but you can’t avoid things forever, sometimes I think I sheltered you and Alec too much as children telling you Harry your Hamster went to live in a Condo –“

“I bought that”? I asked appalled at my younger self.

“No but Alec did you were infuriating as a child sometimes you never took our answers for their worth you’d go look it up or ask other people and then agree with the majority”.

“But that’s perfectly reasonable”.

“It’s odd for a child to be like that it’s not bad just a little scary” I frowned and she laughed “just kidding your Dad loved it about you he could never shut up about it at work whenever anyone mentioned anything about their kids or children in general it was Emma did this and did I tell you my daughter Emma said that and it was cute for a little while but it was annoying you know I love your Father but he gets a little caught up in things sometimes” she smiled fondly as if talking about a very sweet childhood pet.

“How come I never heard this before”?

“He may have been entranced by you but he didn’t want you to get a big head”.

“Like Alec you mean”? I asked laughing.

“Hey! Watch it sis or I might take that personally” he teased sitting next to me at the table.

“Well they do say you make all your mistakes with the first child”.

“Seriously”?

“No Alec don’t take any notice she just teasing” see that is why Alec has a big head because he’s a Momma’s boy and Mom never misses a chance to indulge him whereas I had the unfortunate fate of being a Daddy’s girl and Daddy’s girls at least with Dad’s like mine have to deal with having to achieve the extraordinary before they hear any acknowledgments and in truth it’s why I grew apart from him over the years because no matter how hard I’d try at something he wouldn’t say anything unless what I had tried was a success and then I gave up even telling him what I do because then the only person I have to impress is me which still isn’t easy but I give myself the occasional pat on the back. It would be nice just to get a I’m proud of you or, a good job or even keep at it you never know, but no every report card regardless of how many good grades there were if there was anything just one thing below par it’s you’re slacking, you’re spending too much time with Jeremy he always seemed to find faults in me easier than the good things and it still makes me doubt myself but I’d never tell him that I don’t want him to think that I need his encouragement because I don’t I can do it by myself.