Chapter 23

Boston is a pretty cool place to be – since I’ve been kind of small town my whole life I feel really tiny here with all the skyscrapers and stuff. Jeremy’s a little used to it since he vacations but he’s still pretty excited about all the new stuff we get to see but we have to get through them all before Sunday afternoon which is when our flight back home leaves. We both agreed we want to go to the New England Aquarium, I want to go to the fine art Museum but Jeremy wants to go to the natural history museum, he’s says it’s because it’s educational but I know it’s because he wants to hide there and see if the exhibits come to life like in Night at the Museum.

We grabbed a burger and got back to our suite around five thirty to chill a little before we have to get ready for the concert, I’m so excited I love Good Charlotte and I’m so happy that Jeremy likes his present, wait till he sees the other half, but he won’t get it till we’re at the game tomorrow.

Picking my outfit before I left was hard because I’ve never really been to a concert before and I didn’t want to go over board and didn’t want to look like I didn’t care, but Alec told me that there are so many different types of people at these things that no one would be surprised if I turned up in a Halloween costume, but that mostly you dress to the image of the band and the kind of music they play. I didn’t want to be boring and wear jeans since I live in them already so I packed black and white striped tights, black shorts and my red Good Charlotte band T, finishing the outfit off with my black biker boots – they have a little heel and two thick silver buckles sitting on the ankles holding down leather straps I love them but I don’t wear them often, they come up mid calf but they’re a little loose up there which is cool tonight since it’ll probably be really hot inside.    

“Hey Em you look kinda hot right now”.

I snorted “You don’t look so bad though, you clean up good”.

“I know right, so what time are we leaving for the concert”? Jeremy asked in a sing voice doing a little dance around the coffee table in our room.

“Uh in about a half hour I called the taxi company already so the hotel will call when it’s outside”.

“This is so awesome Emma thank you, I really mean it” he told me coming over to hug me to him making me feel tiny again. It was sort of like hugging Dorian but it doesn’t feel the same he makes me feel tiny in a way that makes me feel protected and possessed – not demon possessed I mean like as in a possession – whereas Jeremy makes me feel homey, safe in a different kind of way. I miss Dorian but I have to squash these feelings away because I really don’t want ruin Jeremy’s birthday weekend. I think I’ve done pretty well hiding it so far from everyone because I felt like this before I even left home this morning – the more I think about going somewhere that he isn’t the edgier I get and it wasn’t just with coming here to Boston, but school too. I don’t like being away from him at all – every time I try to slap some sense back into myself which is sometimes in the literal sense I seem to feel an even more forceful pull towards him like I’m on an elastic string wrapped around his finger the harder I try to pull away the harder I ping right back to him. I don’t want to tell Dorian about it because it’s embarrassing I don’t want him to think I’m being clingy because I’m not it’s not like I even have a choice in it, but I do miss him... I just need to forget about it for now all I need to do is make it till Sunday night and I’ll have him back again.

I pulled out of Jeremy’s hug and flashed him a grin with that oddly positive thought in my head.

“You don’t need to thank me you’re my best friend I’d do anything for you Jeremy”.

“Me too, for you I mean I love you Em till the end of the world”. It makes me sad knowing that there will come a time when I can’t see him anymore because of what I’m going to do, what I’m going to become and it breaks my heart but at the same time gives me a stronger determination than ever to make the times we have together to be the best anyone has ever had and as if on cue the room phone rang out. I ran to it and picked it up off the cradle.