Chapter 11

Emma’s P.O.V.

“Get out” it was all I wanted and all I could say in the impressive numbness that had overcome me in the last second. Dorian was the first to move and my feelings towards him now are muffled by this veil I seem to be under. It wasn’t until I actually looked at him again that I realised he’d moved in front of me, was even touching me. I stared at his hand with nothingness and pushed it off of me.

“Emma baby please, listen to me give me a chance to explain” Dorian’s voice was all pleading and scared and I didn’t care not a bit.

“Get out”.

“You heard her Dorian get out, come on sis lets talk”.

“Both of you out”.

“What? Sis please we really do need to talk”.

“Out, get out I don’t want to see you, or hear you or anything to do with you leave now before I scream and start swinging this baseball bat like Thor’s hammer” my voice was still the same completely apathetic but my wrist twitched the bat up making Alec retreat closer to the door.

“Baby –“

“Don’t call me that just get out the pair of you move now or so help me God I will end you”.

“I’m not going anywhere Emma not till you let me explain”.

“I want you to leave” I moved the tip of the bat up and poked Dorian in the chest with it “now”.

“No you don’t please Emma, please listen to me” he took the bat from my hand and tossed it to the floor.

"Excuse me I hadn't marked your face yet" I responded remembering an earlier argument. He ignored my retort and  pulled me into his chest stirring something deep in me.“Go away” my voice had started to tremble my control falling away.

“No, Emma look at me please, baby please” old butterflies were starting to come back and I needed to squash them.

“You’re bad go away”.

“No Emma I’m not bad I’m not please” I looked up at the change in his voice and Dorian’s eyes broke my heart.

“Leave” I turned my back on him before he could get all the way through to me. It was a mistake. I felt him sweep my hair over my left shoulder tightening his hold on my waist he nudged my shirt with his nose making the sleeve drop to expose the skin there. I could hear my breathing speed and feel every thud of my heart as his lips parted over my shoulder placing  soft open mouthed  kisses up to my neck. He was making me ache for him and need him my hands moved on their own one moved to his hands on my waist and the other moved behind to hold hid face to my neck forever.

“I’m still in the room you know” I heard Alec grumble but I really didn’t care.

“If you don’t like it then leave you’ve caused enough damage” Dorian mumbled into my skin retracing the trail of warmth he made the first time.

“I’m not going anywhere Emma for God’s sake think about Maddi” I froze and gradually let my hands fall away from Dorian resulting in him gripping me tighter.

“No leave Alec right now” he yelled out from behind me.

“Both of you go” I whispered.

“No Emma please just let me explain to you I never had anything to do with Maddi I swear, when you told me about it that night I went to look myself at police records and I know what really happened but it wasn’t me I swear to you”.