Chapter 10

Dorian's P.O.V.

When I reached the bottom of the stairs I made a mental note to keep an ear on Emma in her room, she’ll be out for awhile at least three or four hours but there are always exceptions and as soon as my baby wakes up I’m going to be at her side which is exactly where she’ll want me when the bond finishes it’s magic. Alec was in exactly the same place I left him standing dumbfounded in the middle of the hallway.

“Go sit down” I told him and instead of going to the sitting room he went as always to the kitchen. Alec sat on a stool in front of the Isle while I stayed standing, I wanted to subtly remind him who has the power.

“What’s going on? What’s wrong with Emma”?

“There’s nothing wrong with Emma she just needs rest she’ll be fine in a few hours”.

“Why was she with you”? He asked confused.

“There’s no guide on how to say this so I’m just going to get straight to the point, Emma is my mate” Alec stared at me as if frozen in time completely unmoving and unblinking, and then he exploded.

“WHAT? WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING? HOW COULD YOU”?

“It wasn’t exactly a choice Alec and I’m not going to apologise because it’s not my fault nor a regret. Emma is the best thing that’s ever happened to me, I’m telling you this because you deserve to know so don’t mistake it as an ask for permission”.

“You asshole do you have any idea of what you’re doing to her? Do you care about her at all”? At that I snapped sweeping my hand across the counter in front of him and knocking miscellaneous crap to the tile floor.

“Of course I care about her don’t you dare ever question my feelings for Emma or I will end you” I threatened darkly.

“Oh yeah and how do you think she’ll feel about that”? Alec questioned knowingly well he has me there.

 “Whatever Alec I’m not here to argue with you”.

“Well you can’t be with Emma, I won’t let you”.

“Don’t even try to keep her away from me you’ll only end up getting yourself hurt”. I threatened turning my back on him to go back to Emma.

“Does she know what you are”? Alec called out to me when I didn’t respond he continued. “How do you think she’s going to feel when you tell her? That she’ll welcome you with open arms? I don’t think so, or how about when she finds out what really happened to Maddi”? I turned back to face him shocked.

“You know”?

“Of course I know as soon as Emma told me I went looking, was it you”?

“Of course not I was with you the whole time and if it was they wouldn’t have found a body”.

“If only Emma could’ve heard you say that” he mused with a humourless laugh, “how do you think she’ll feel when she knows someone like you and possibly even you were what killed her friend? See if there’s one thing about Emma I know it’s that even though she doesn’t make a lot of friends the ones she does make have her loyalty and never lose it, if she thinks for even a second you were responsible for Maddi she’ll hate you forever”.

“She can’t hate me you idiot”! I was losing it I could feel my control slipping away at this moron telling me what I already know. “The bond won’t let her hate me and if you care for her sanity you won’t tell her, she’ll tear on the inside unable to hate me and unable to stop, you’ll destroy her Alec”.

“Then leave and don’t come back”.

“If I leave I’m taking her with me”. 

“Not a chance”.