Chapter 24

This chapter is a long time coming and a promised dedication to vickyv for the help of shifting the lead boulder that is writer's block, thanks for sharing the story writing vegetables the rainbow tree thanks you.

Lildaydreamer

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Haha did you know that this bus would take us to the aquarium”? Jeremy asked me as we stood in line to buy our passes.

“Actually no I guess the universe just wanted us to come here” I smiled.

“This is so cool I want to see the penguins and the giant octopus”.

“We’ll see it all mwahahaha”.

Jeremy’s eyes bugged but I saw a smile too “Whoa evil Emma’s in town”.

“Nah the crazy one is though I miss her”.

“Me too I love her! Remember that time we snuck into that Chucky Cheese and she pushed me down that shute and I got stuck and we had to call for help and then we got caught and we were banned from Chucky Cheese forever so we couldn’t go to Zoe’s fifth birthday party” he laughed.

“Yeah that was fun, remember that time we went to see my Mom at work and we had a water fight with the saline solution in the IV bags”?

“Yes! It was awesome until I slipped in that puddle and broke my finger”.

“How did that even happen”? I laughed thinking about it.

“I don’t know I must have fallen on it”.

My laughing got harder “I fell on my finger”?

“Hey it happens”.

“Hi guys what can I get you today”? I looked up to see a guy around his late thirties in the aquariums sea foam green polo shirts with the embroided logo just above the heart.

“Two aquarium tickets please”.

“Do you want to get the tickets that include the IMAX it’s really great”? I turned to Jeremy and we communicated through facial expressions, I scrunched up my nose and he made his eyes look like he was about to fall asleep.

“No thank you”.

“Alright then that will be forty five dollars exactly” she smiled. We handed over the money took our tickets and started to walk.

“Damn that was steep” I muttered.

“I know there better be some funny ass penguins in here” Jeremy chuckled.

It was dark by the time we got back to the hotel and my tummy was sore from laughing half the time. Jeremy nearly fell into the petting tank with the rays and bonnethead sharks, he’d zeroed in on the ray he wanted to pet and at the last minute it zagged away from him making him lose his balance luckily I saw what was coming and managed to get a good enough hold on his jacket before he went swimming with the fishes.

I didn’t go without any near casualties either, but they weren’t fish related. Jeremy and I stopped for lunch in the aquariums cafe and as I took a sip of my drink a girl around my age did an amazing banana slip it was hilarious, I’m not sadistic I just can’t help laughing when people fall down I laugh when I fall too, the problem was that I had a mouthful of root beer so I couldn’t laugh but I had to at the same time so I started to sort of choke until I gave up and spat it in Jeremy’s laughing face which quickly turned sour. He didn’t mind too much after though because I bought him a stuffed penguin that he called Derek.