Chapter 34

“Dorian this is really irritating” I groaned while he chuckled. His hands were covering my eyes so that I can’t see where he’s leading me to but I could hear waves.

Dorian took his hands away all of a sudden and I looked around me entranced by what I found.

We were on top of some kind of rock out crop overlooking the harbour I recognised he’d taken me to for our first date except now it was dark and all lit up with the lights on the boardwalk and the small boats coming in and out.

“Emma baby, not that – that” Dorian laughed pointing over to the right of us where there was a cluster of trees which had all been decorated with white fairy lights, the ground leading over there was scattered with red rose petals it was sooo cute, but soooooo cheesy.

Dorian tugged me along his makeshift path and came to a stop at the base of the tree and waited just staring.

“What”? I asked still a little shocked.

Dorian cupped his hands together into a foothold and knelt down in front of me.

“Up you get” he smiled as my eyes widened.

“Dorian, I’m not exactly in clothes to be climbing in – it would be as Mother constantly told me ‘unladylike’ to climb in this dress”.

“Come on don’t make me carry you... actually” Dorian stood up and in two seconds I was swooped up off of the ground and slung over his shoulder in a fireman’s lift.

“Excuse you! Dorian what are you doing”? I snapped.

“Carrying you” he chuckled while I clung to him like a monkey as he scaled the tallest tree of the bunch.

“Yeah like a sack of potatoes” I yelled and smacked what I thought was his lower back, turned out it was something else because he suddenly stopped half way up the damn tree.

“Emma, baby... did you just spank me? Cos if you did that was hot". I could tell he was trying not to laugh.

“Maybe, now hurry up all the blood in my body is rushing to my head”.

“Oh sorry Emma” next thing I knew we were perched on a thick branch up high in the tree – well Dorian was perched I was sat in his lap.

I could see everything from here.

“Dorian –“

“I know it’s cheesy but I figured if I did something not cheesy one half of the date than I’d have the other half as a compromise”.

“I wasn’t going to say that”.

“Oh, then what is it baby”?

“Why here”?

“I felt it was kind of symbolic, thinking about our first date down there and how far we’ve come now, we can actually back at it and laugh. We’ve come a long way since then right”?

“I think so, I mean I know what your secret now –“

“Not with knowledge I meant, with how we feel and knowing where we stand with each other”.

“Not with how we feel” I disagreed; I felt him shrink behind me so I elaborated a little more. “I mean I think that I always loved you this much I just didn’t realise it” Dorian’s arms tightened around me and his nose nudged into the crook of my neck.

“Really”?

“Of course, I love you”.

“I love you too, very much”.