Chapter 7

Dorian’s P.O.V.

It’s seven in the morning and I haven’t slept yet. I didn’t even try - I’ve been too busy thinking of where to take Emma for the day because it hit me around two o’clock, that if I took her anywhere too expected for a first date I’d never get her to stop cringing which is unacceptable. I want to be her main focus for the day, not for her attention to be diverted to Jeremy or Maddi or her parents, just me and her with no distractions.

So being as old as I am all my ideas were naturally clichéd. Somewhere we could watch a sunset - gone, any pretty meadows or fields - scrapped; I’d almost given up thinking I should just take her to a crappy diner which is sure to make her laugh, but I want our first date – and I will mention that it is a date – to be special and memorable, we'll have years to laugh about other things.

It’s times like this that I wish I could tell Alec about us to get some advice and it really grates on my nerves that Jeremy would know the perfect places to take her, that he knows my Emma better than me.

Anyway it took awhile is the idea that I’m trying to get across and I finally found something that’s odd, but hopefully charming at the same time, plus she can’t really get away from me if I slip up which is a perk.

Emma’s P.O.V.

I’m going to have to find a new place to stare at soon because I can feel a cliché forming. I’ve been awake for at least two hours and I have no idea what time it is, all I can think about is what I’ve gotten myself into.

I hadn’t really thought about the whole spending the day together thing as much as I should have. I realised we’d be alone somewhere for a length of time and knowing what I do of Dorian it’s going to be a long length of time. What if it’s awkward? What in the hell are we going to talk about? Where are we even going? What am I supposed to wear? Oh God, I wonder if he’d buy me being sick... he did say once that he’d always know when I’m lying but he can’t, right?

I looked at my cell to check the time, worried that I’m eventually going to have to move whether it was to get ready and face my doom or run from Dorian like a coward - I’m leaning towards coward right now.

Still in my pyjamas I walked as quietly as I possibly could past his door and down the stairs, seriously starting to consider going to school. I need a drink, so I decided to hit myself with a good dose of caffeine and turned on the coffee machine tapping my fingers on the counter waiting for my cup to fill when I felt arms slide around my waist. My heart rate accelerated as I turned around to face Dorian and slapped him, which didn’t make a difference to him obviously although he looked both shocked and amused.

“And what was that for? Is my baby cranky in the morning”? He cooed at me pulling me in closer to his body.

“No you shouldn’t sneak up on people like that”, my tone didn’t have the strength I wanted it too; stupid sexy voice of his gets to me.

“I’m sorry, but I had a sneaky suspicion you were going to skip out on me”. How did he know?!

“I wouldn’t do that to you... but I do kind of feel a little under the weather this morning” I muttered, unable to look him in the eye.

He frowned making me sad. “Liar, why don’t you want to spend the day with me”?

“I do want to” I told him while wrapping my arms around his neck to hug him.

“Really? Because I won’t make you I just thought it would be nice” he murmured into my hair, God he knows how to break my heart.

“Yes really” I told the truth against his smooth skin “I was just nervous”.