SEQUEL: Once Those Hazel Eyes (IX.)

Camila's POV

"Lauren is being closed off recently and it bothers me a lot..." I started off as Dinah was listening to me speak whilst she consumed her ice cream in the cup. Dinah came over to Lauren's house as I contacted her. Lauren though hung out with Ally and Normani and I let her as she promised not to drink and get wasted in a random bar with them. But, I'll never know. "She's acting weird recently. Dinah! What am I supposed to do?!" I asked her impatiently.

Dinah stopped eating her ice cream and looked at me with an unbelievable look. "You are overreacting things, Mila. She just misses Normani and Ally. They've been together for like how many years and they got apart. You would've felt the same if it was me." She was right though. Maybe Lauren just misses her friends so much.

It's not that I have been complaining a lot but it sure has been feeling like Lauren kept on dismissing me and preventing intimate and closer contacts with me. I never knew why. She never gave me a chance to ask if there was anything wrong and if there was something I did that upset her big time. It was either she'd be sleeping early or she'd be stuck in her room painting some artwork she would never let me see.

"Lauren is in love with you. I wish it gets stuck in your head so you won't ever feel what you're feeling right now." Dinah spoke again and I smiled genuinely at what she just said. Lauren is in love with me. How could she not? I've surrendered my entire life to her. She should be in love with me! But where is she? She's always with Normani and Ally.

I sighed exasperatedly. "Ugh. I wish it helps a lot. But it never does. It just makes me feel even more anxious about how Lauren is acting recently." I stared at the painting that was hanging on the wall. "Normani and Ally don't say anything but I can feel it. I can feel that they're hiding the truth about Lauren."

"Goddamnit Mila! You analyze too much." Dinah replied quite annoyed. "If you put trust in her then you trust her feelings and you trust the way she confessed to you. She loves you and if it's true that she's facing something right now and she doesn't want to tell you then you should trust her. It always has a good reason."

"That's the problem!" I responded back. "What if she's slowly falling out of love with me? W-what if... w-what if s-she doesn't love me anymore and s-she wants to be with somebody else?!" I thought of seemingly in panic. "No no no. That cannot happen. I've only ever loved her. No no no."

"Now you're being paranoid. There's no on-."

I interrupted what Dinah was about to counter. "There is this girl and her name is Lucy." Dinah's eyebrows furrowed and she shared a look of complete astonishment and confusion at the same time with mine. "She's one of Lauren's students in painting. I know that girl likes Lauren and she even confessed to her through a letter that I found first."

"Did you guys already have sex?" Dinah suddenly asked and my eyes widened and my mouth gasped in complete astonishment. Dinah questioned again as she noticed my little discomfort.

"I...." I started off but failed miserably as Dinah burst into laughter. "I... w-what the hell does that have to do with anything anyway?!" I countered back.

Dinah laughed. "Well tantrums usually happen after sex. People suddenly will feel extra anxious because they would feel like once they've given up their holy grail, they won't be noticed anymore." I thought of what she was saying and looked at her intently analyzing if she was any serious or not. "Well, you are being like that so I guess you just got laid!" She began teasing and I hid my face that I could feel was already reddening.

All of a sudden, my phone vibrated and it received a text from Lauren.

I quickly opened it.

L: babyyy can I sleep over at some hotel with mani and ally? got a lot of catching up to do.