XXXII.

Lauren's POV

People have started talking about prom and the last day of school in about two weeks. Since I returned to attend school, in every hallway I passed through, there are people who have been discussing about their promposals. I don't hate prom though, I just hate the fact that I suddenly felt nervous about asking Camila to prom because there's a huge possibility that she'd reject it. Considering our status now, we may have talked things through, I still don't know if she still feels the same way about me.

Sure our relationship has had a lot of ups and downs. We had experienced a lot of changes and if I could recall our first meeting, I'd always smile at the thought. I was sure attracted to her already but I never thought she'd like me back. The reality that she returned my feelings was somehow enough for me.

"Laurenzaaaa!" Dinah Jane stopped me from wandering in my thoughts. "It's prom week! What have you planned for Camila? Sure you guys are good now." I sighed and turned to look away from her. "Oh no no! Don't dare tell me you hadn't fixed it?!"

"We talked things through but I don't know... it feels like things changed now, you know?" She admits and Dinah remains on listening intently. "After our talk, it felt civil. I know it's okay that things are now clear for the both of us, but she seemed different... like I don't know, she just seemed... that w-way."

Dinah makes a confused face as she tries to analyze what I just admitted. "You're just being extra paranoid." She concludes. "Mila loves you, y'know? She cannot just unlove you especially that you're her first. You should know that by now, Laurenza."

"I know that but I just can't stop thinking about how she looked at me that day. She looked at me like she was sorry, like there was no way our love could continue." I take out an exasperated sigh. "But I love her Dinah. I am in love with her. You know that, right? And I badly want to ask her to prom."

I have a dilemma right now and I don't know how I'd be able to come up with a solution for it. I want to ask Camila to prom but I don't know where she is and I still don't know if she wants me. She did not exactly tell me that I'm forgiven or that we're still together. She just told me she loves me and she's still mine. But she didn't look that happy when she said it. Fuck this. Fuck my life right now.

"Looks like you don't have to ask her to prom, Lauren." Dinah nudges me in my shoulder and guides me to look at where her eyes are already focused on. My eyes widened and my mouth gaped in shock when I saw her. Camila is walking on the hallways while she carries balloons and a box of I don't know what with roses trapped in her other hand. To say that I'm surprised is such an understatement.

Camila's eyes are searching for mine and she bumped into random people whom she respectfully smiled right after. People are starting to gather to watch her and to know who she's planning to ask to prom to. And then suddenly her eyes met mine and I swear the world stopped right there and all I could see was her.

She smiles at me and I'm frozen in the spot. She starts walking towards me and Dinah keeps on whistling beside me. I didn't know what to do and so I stayed in my spot. When she reached my place and just inches away from me, she stopped walking.

"How lovely today is." Camila says before smiling so cheerfully. "But it's even lovelier to see you today." I smile at her words. She hands me the roses and the balloons. "Lauren, I know this is not a grand gesture and all but I hope you make this day the loveliest for me by saying yes." She coughs clearing her throat and hands me the roses carefully. "So... w-will you go to prom with me, Lauren Jauregui?"

The crowd begins on cheering and whistling as they gather around us. Dinah screams "CAMREN IS REAL" as she keeps on teasing us. I cannot even form coherent sentences as to what I am feeling right now. Instead of speaking, I immediately embraced her into the tightest hug I can give.