XVII.

Lauren's POV

"Okay so this is totally weird." Normani starts off as I start wearing some random black shirt and white pants. "I don't even know why we all agreed on that Austin guy joining us." I just shrug it off because I know too that I am much annoyed by the fact that he will skate with us which isn't exactly part of the original plan. "I don't even know why Camila would date that guy. You tell me, maybe he gave her something to drink and she's totally under his power. Ohhh why didn't I think of that a little early?" She looks amused as if she just discovered something useful to the situation.

Ally comes out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her body. "I'm still wondering how Camila likes that Austin guy. I think it will remain a mystery to me." I'm about to state my piece but Ally speaks again. "But it's okay. I mean at least she can hang out with us right?" Normani nods as she dries her hair with a blower. I'm fighting with my own self whether to text or not text Camila before we go to the skating rink.

I don't know but there's a part in me that doesn't believe that Camila likes Austin. Maybe because it's taken down my pride when the day I kissed Camila was the night she and Austin became together.

"Now I believe in love at first sight." Ally says matter-of-factly. Normani looks pleased at the situation. I on the other hand just don't feel at east and comfortable on going along with it. "Now let's start talking about how Lauren learned her lesson."

I look at Ally alarmed. What? Me? Learned a lesson? I don't understand.

I stop combing my hair and stare at Ally. "What do you mean by that?" I stare at her rising one of my eyebrows. Normani seems too focused on her make- up thingy. I don't even know why we bother; we're just going to skate that is all.

"Oh no you tell me Laur. You've been crushing on Camila ever since! She practically unleashed the inner baby angel of you." She laughs at mid- sentence. "I can see it in your eyes whenever she's around, you just feel uneasy and giddy all of a sudden and it's a really different thing. You're never like this before."

"I must agree with you on that one, Ally." Normani decides to be a part of the lame conversation.

I shake my head. "Nope. Definitely not. Girls come to me and I don't beg for their attention. Of all of people, you two should know that more than everybody else." They just nod and act like it's pretty obvious. I mean, it's true but it's become my reputation for quite some time. I may not be proud of it, it makes me whole.

"Do you think they're ready? We should get going soon." Normani says as she finishes putting some make- up on her face and wearing her favorite plain white shirt with Chanel on print. Ally then smiles while looking at the mirror being satisfied with her look.

"Let's go." I tell them.

It's just two buildings away from Dinah and Camila's dorm. It's not that I'm not excited but it makes it really more uninteresting and lame that Austin will be with us to skate. I don't hate Camila though; she has the right to choose who she wants to be with and clearly that someone goes by the name A-U-S-T-I-N. We walk various dorms and people noticing us. Some guys whooshing and catcalling us although they know I'm gay, nothing stops them. Really, guys are super lame that's why I go for the same gender. Maybe that's one reason. Before we even reach our destination, we suddenly bump into Troy.

"Hey Troy!" I exclaim. Even Ally looks shocked she sees her boyfriend around. Troy seems confused probably because it seems that we're about to go somewhere.

"Hey Lauren." He greets me and focuses his gaze on Ally. "Hey baby what's up where you goin'?" He asks her.

Ally seems startled and I wonder why. Normani's also looking at her confused. "Nothing. We're just about to skate with some friends." She smiles awkwardly and Troy smiles at her back.