XIII.

Camila's POV

"You were mean to her and those words you said? They're foul Mila! Of course she's hurt by now." Dinah eats her doughnut while scolding me. "If I were Lauren, I would never dare to talk to you again. You freaking hurt my feelings back there and you were being a selfish prick not considering other people's feelings."

Also, Lauren trusted me with those things about her personal life. Maybe there are also other people who know her story but I believe there's only a few of them and I've been a part of that 'few' until I became a bitch around her and she's gotten enough.

I remain staring at my food Dinah ordered me. "I don't know how I would apologize to her.... It's not like I apologize to people occasionally and you're right."

"Hell I'm right Cabello! You don't get to hurt people's feelings just because you're hurt too? That's not how life works."
"I know okay? And I'm truly madly deeply sorry about what happened but she seems to be avoiding me."

Dinah finishes her doughnut and drinks her coffee. "You know what I bet she's waiting for you to lose your pride and apologize for real personally."

"You know I can't do that Dinah Jane! I apologize to her through text and I even sent her longer messages for about thrice and she didn't respond. It's not my loss okay?!" She looks at me as if she can't believe the words coming out from my mouth. "What the hell? Don't tell me you're on her side?!"

"You want me to be honest?" She inquires.

Okay I may have stepped boundaries but I'm her best friend, she can't be arguing with me about this. "Okay. Be completely honest to me."

"Honestly I don't think texts are enough for someone to give you forgiveness." She smiles at me. "It's never going to be enough until you talk to that person personally and if they really don't wanna give you what you want then you get what you deserve. I believe in that."

She's right. In order to get what you want, you have to exert more effort in it. But it always stops me from doing so when I overthink and thoughts like 'I don't need to explain myself' and 'this person doesn't deserve my apology personally' flood my mind every night.

I didn't know it's taking me a lot of time to think about it.

"So what? Are you agreeing with what I said? One little apology personally won't hurt, Mila. If you want I'll accompany you if it's easier for you." She offers and I think no it's not going to be easier no matter what.

"No! I'll go alone and apologize to her. A single apology won't hurt. Of course, we aren't kids anymore who cry to their parents after an immature fight." She laughs at the sudden throwback. We were kids then and it was one of the funniest moments of my life.

"Heyyy! You asked me to play with you and you're being so mean to me!" Dinah yelled at me and I couldn't feel anything but scream at her back. "This is my doll!" We kept getting ahold of the doll and screaming at each other didn't cease.

I glared at her. "You are so mean I hate you! I hate you! I will tell my mom you're mean." She glared at me back and we didn't realize the doll's about to break.

"You are not my friend because a friend shares toys with one another. Let go of my doll!" She kept on insisting about the doll and if I were that doll, I'd pity myself about my current status.

"I will never let go OF MY DOLL! I hate you we're not friends!" And our nightmare just happened. The doll got broken and I got the head while she got the legs. "Look at what you've done!"

Dinah seemed to be too shocked before speaking up. "I got the legs." She said it as if she couldn't believe it and I couldn't believe it when she suddenly laughed. "Wow. This is really funny! We're fighting over a stupid doll!"