SEQUEL: Once Those Hazel Eyes (I.)

Camila's POV

3 years later.

"Mila you ready to go?" My best friend Dinah inquires while I'm still flipping off the pages of the magazine I've been checking out for a while. I'm fascinated with the bag and shoes that are being advertised in the magazine. "Mila." She speaks again and my focus suddenly is on her.

"To where?" I ask completely puzzled.

"Duh? We're all going to eat together, remember?" She says as if clicking a light bulb inside my head. I suddenly remember that I promised to eat with Sofi and Austin will come along.

Dinah throws me the keys of the car and I successfully catch it. "Wait I'm going to text Austin." I tell her and she heads over to the door.

"Tell your boyfriend not to be late or else..." She doesn't finish instead she pokes her tongue at me and I just glare at her before she finally disappears from the door.

To Austin:

We'll meet you in half an hour?

I place the magazine in the side of the television and check myself in the mirror as I patiently wait for a reply from Austin. It's a good day and I like that I feel satisfied about myself. I smile.

Suddenly, my phone vibrates.

From Austin:

Yes of course! I'd be glad to. See you:)

I smile at that and do not bother to reply once more, instead I place my phone inside my bag and decide to go out of the house and face her friend that's already waiting inside her car.

It has been three years. I still cannot believe that three years have passed and I've successfully survived the years that passed in my life. I honestly still remember every detail of the past three years vividly, but somehow I choose not to. It's always a rollercoaster of emotions when I walk down memory lane and it's pretty unhealthy for me.

"What did your boyfriend say?" I stare at Dinah and she just chuckles. "So?"

"He said he'll be meeting us." I answer as I start driving. "Let's go get Sofi first before we meet him." Dinah nods and smiles.

"Free lunch I see..." She teases and I just laugh at her and slap her shoulder and she winces exaggeratedly. "Damn that hurt you little bitch!" She starts tickling me by my side.

I send her a death glare. "Do you want to die right now or not?" She realizes that I'm driving and we're in fact in a middle of the road, somewhere, I laugh once again as she shakes her head.

"I'm going to torture you with your boyfriend." I slap her once again and this time she just glares back and I smile waiting for the traffic light to turn to green.

I drove more kilometers than I've been usually driving to get Sofi. I needed to go to my mother's house to get her and it's a little too far away from my place. It usually takes me an hour or less. I got past cars and as much as the road gives me so many memories I've always tried to remove them from my head as easily as I could. It's too much to think about.

I finally reached my mother's place.

"I'm so excited to see little Sofi!!! I missed her so badly!" Dinah and I suddenly share a look. "Oh my God is it just me or did that just rhyme?!" She says a little louder as she's excited.

"Now that's even funnier!" I mock her and she laughs along with me. My mother, Sinu, opens the door for the both of us and enthusiastically welcomes us inside.