VII.

"What is this for Lauren? Why are we in a bookstore?" Dinah asks as Ally tries to search for books she would want to read in the upcoming vacation.

"Because we're gonna buy some condoms." I reply.

She laughs so much that some people almost looked and glared at our place. I try to search for the book Camila wants me to read. I check my phone once again for its cover and the title and my eyes finally get to see it. It is placed near the children books and I quickly grabbed it.

"What's this book for? A-all The B-bright Places? Really Lauren?"

I grab the book from hers and smile. "This is the book your best friend wants me to read and to be honest, I'm quite curious about it, actually."

"You must really like her that much you even take her recommendations too seriously." Dinah laughs and I laugh back to make her think that it's not a serious thing. "You know what I think that's why every guy I recommend to her never had a chance." Dinah continues.

"Why?" I ask although the answer is too obvious.

"Because she's into girls! Jesus I didn't even know her hormones would crave for the same ones!" I cover Dinah's mouth as she begins laughing once again because we're in a public place and people will look at us once again especially the ones at the counter. She removes my hand and stops laughing. "Seriously though, just take care of her. Are you okay with that?"

Now it's my turn to laugh. Dinah looks confused. "I don't even know what you're talking about. I bought this book because it's needed for our English homework next week."

"You're not serious. So this thing going around you guys is just a school or some business thing? Not like you're making out and eating yourselves?"

I try to cover her mouth once again because we're already in the line so I'll be able to pay for the book I'll be purchasing. I see Ally walking her way near us. "Dinah, what you think is not something we do. I don't even know if we are friends."

Ally's cheerful smile appears in front of us. "What's going on? What are you people talking about?"

"Lauren here is....." I glare at Dinah and she's trying to hold back her laugh. "She is well. She found the book she's looking for. How about you Ally?" Ally seems to believe it as she nods.

"Actually I did. I found Me Before You and Every Day. Have you heard of these books Dinah? I just heard that they're all sooo good I can't wait to flip those pages and there are life lessons too." Ally hands the books to me. "Oh and Lauren. I think I forgot my wallet at my house. Can you pay those for me?"

"Why do you even read books Ally? You don't even have enough time for party and school yet you want me to pay for these books I know you wouldn't even read in the near future?" I tell her and she taps my shoulder and Dinah just laughs. "I'm saying the truth! You haven't even read half of the books that were given to you."

"Well I read some! Also I'll make sure I have time these days, Lauren. You are such a savage!" I didn't even notice we are already next to pay for the books. "Next!"

The girl in the cashier not looking old like the other ones she's with in the cashier stars checking on the books. "24.00$ in total purchase." She looks at me as I open my wallet and pay her the exact amount. "I receive exact amount of 24.00$." She smiles as she puts the books in a plastic and we head outside.

"So tell me Ally what's good in this party?"

"The newcomers Lauren! Guys for us and girls for you!" Dinah agrees. "Remember that I wasn't the one who's thrown this party and I wasn't the one who organized it. We're going to crash a party!" Dinah and Ally high-five!