XXVIII.

Lauren's POV

"Why did you even pick that shirt and wear it?" I tell her with a huge hint of annoyance laced in my tone. She furrows her eyebrows and stares at me while we're waiting outside the local shop Shannon basically made us go. Camila even told me that I didn't have to accompany her. Hell, we just made up and I'm leaving her behind? No fucking way. What just infuriates me is that she still thinks of the bet she made with Shannon. Even if it clearly isn't about toying my feelings about her but still, Shannon is a bad news to me.

"What is the problem with my shirt?" She asked while her eyes roam around the whole place checking for any presence of Shannon around.

I coughed before answering. "You just look so attractive is all." I answer her truthfully.

She held my hand, interlacing our fingers and smiled. "Stop trying to be all cute to me. I have to do this for Shannon. She's been nothing but a good friend to me all these months." She coos and admits.

I tried to stop her but she didn't let me. Clearly I didn't want for her to be Shannon's wing- woman for tonight. What if that girl that's supposed to like Shannon ended up liking her? I didn't want something like that to happen. I know we're not official and that we're not actually together but she will be mine and I won't let anyone ruin it for us.

"Whate-." I'm stopped halfway with my response when a smiling although worried Shannon appeared in front of us and greeted the both of us.

"Hi Camila. Hi Lauren." She smiles and waves her right hand. She looks really anxious although her demeanor is all giddy and cheery I can feel that she's nervous. "How do I look?" She inquires with a straight face and I want to burst out laughing but Camila seems too serious about this too and I stop myself. Shannon is wearing a statement shirt that says 'Nothing is impossible' which quite fits her situation anyway. She partnered it with a beige- colored pants and white sneakers. Rating from 1-10, she's 8 to me. Camila will always be my perfect 10; even beyond that. Camila hasn't answered her question yet when she cleared her throat catching our attention. "I look awful, don't I?"

I laugh lightly and Camila nudges my shoulder. "Lauren." She warns and turns her gaze to Shannon after. "No Shannon you look just fine. I promise she will like you. I will just have to do the talking first, right?" I wonder how she would do that. I wonder if it would the same with how she offered me the proposal. I smirk at the thought. Camila really has her own unique way with words. One of the things I love about her. Shannon smiles at her. They seem really close and it pinches my heart knowing that she has to go all down to the internet to find a friend and talk to her while avoiding me throughout the whole process.

"Thanks Camz!" Shannon blurts out almost too close to hugging her when I abruptly stopped her. Shannon and Camila's gazes turn to me and they both furrow their eyebrows.

I cough and remain composed. "You don't get to call her Camz, okay? I'm the only person in this world who is allowed to call her that way. Do you understand?" I didn't care if it sounded possessive and jealous. There is another version of Camila when she's with her circle of friends but there is the version- the only version of her that's only allowed for me to see. She's my Camz. No one gets to call her that but me.

Shannon stifles a laugh and Camila stays quiet. "I didn't know Lauren is the jealous type. But yeah whatever you like anyway. Thanks Camila." She emphasizes the way she calls her and I smile at the thought that I win. "Can I hug my friend now or is it also not allowed?" She mocks me and I know that she's only teasing but I still balled my fists. I simply nod my head and she hugs her. The hug lasts long when it's supposed to not be.