XXVII.

Camila's POV

"It won't change a bit of a thing if you just keep yourself in this room and pretend to call in sick. You have to go to school and face Lauren or you'll just decay here." Dinah says in a tone mixed with annoyance. It has been three days. Three whole days that I haven't gone to school and practically asked Dinah to come by our dorm from time to time to check up on me and tell me all about the homework and requirements that I've missed. At first she was hesitant about it but then she completely agreed when I begged her and promised to treat her some lunch or something in return for her help. "Our teachers are worried about you, I don't think I can go to heaven after all these lies I told them about your condition. But whatever, whatever the hell you want to do in your life. I'm just telling you that you can't keep yourself here and not face Lauren forever." She adds.

It's not that I am physically sick. Mentally and emotionally can be, it's honestly just tiring to think of the happenings throughout the past week. It actually never left my mind. Lauren, I love you. It has kept on echoing in my head and giving me chills every time I remember it. Not that those words weren't true because they are. The thing about Lauren is that even if she doesn't exert effort and do such sweet and memorable things, she makes you feel something. If that isn't partly what love consists of then I don't know what love can fully be.

I sigh and take off the blanket that's been covering my face for three days. "I know that what you are saying is true but really I don't care anymore. I just confessed my feelings for her-."

"You what?!" Dinah exclaims; eyes piercing into mine like she hasn't looked at me for years. I was about to cover my face with a blanket again to hide my embarrassment when she stopped me. "Mila you fucking tell me now or I swear I'll never help you again."

"ItoldherIloveher." She sends her infamous death glare at me. "Okay I told her I love her. I told her Lauren, I love you. I basically humiliated myself in front of her and she doesn't even feel the same." I reveal the truth I've been keeping to myself. "It's why you saw me that day curled into a ball and wearing puffy eyes."

Dinah seems to recall the moment; analyzing and putting all the pieces of the puzzle altogether. It comes out a shocker because she knows me. She knows that I'm not the typical girl who confesses her feelings to someone. I've never even loved someone before let alone liked someone and confessing my strong feelings for Lauren certainly is a big deal.

I already expected Dinah to get mad at me and to be pissed because it honestly feels like she's been missing a lot about my life which doesn't happen normally. But she laughs and she laughs like there's nothing wrong. "You love someone oh my God! You love Lauren! Damn it I've seen it coming but hearing it from you makes it sound more ridiculous." God, this doesn't even make things better. She stops from laughing and coughs a bit. That's karma coming around. "Okay I'm done. I think I'm done." She laughs some more and I threw her a pillow straight to smack her face. "I'm sorry but c'mon you don't expect me to just sink all this information in me without laughing about it, okay?"

"You're right but to inform you I'm actually serious right now." I inform her nonchalantly. She fixes her gaze on me motioning for me to go on with how I fell in love with the green-eyed girl. "I already told you the good bits right? You know the mature content of the story?" I can feel that she wants to laugh again but stops herself immensely. "I thought it's just that, you know me being sexually frustrated and she meeting my satisfaction in my desires. I never really expected for something more, that she would mean more to me, just like any other story goes... it kind of happened." I clear my throat in pause. "Austin and I had the talk. When he came into our dorm, remember? He found my phone and he got curious and checked my phone. You know phones used to be all private and for yourself. Don't get me wrong, I didn't hate him for what he did. It actually gave me some kind of relief. That he already knew and that he didn't change his treatment to me and that we are still friends."