XVIII.

Camila's POV

Okay that was weird. After finding Lauren in the skating rink, the girls, Austin and I ate at the nearby diner and Lauren's been acting weird ever since. We ordered a bunch of fries and burgers and pineapple juice which Lauren really liked. I mean who wouldn't like burgers and fries right? She didn't even manage to consume her food fully and she just remained staring at the window. I knew the girls were worried although Austin wasn't because he's definitely clueless on the whole situation. I just stared at Lauren while she was staring at nowhere. She seemed so engrossed at some thought in her head. She looked so lost and it was like she wasn't actually with us at the moment. I was too eager to ask her what was wrong but she didn't even bother looking at us nor engage in our conversation.

Normani nudged her shoulder and she looked at her furrowing her eyebrows. "Look Laur, if you don't like the food. We can eat somewhere else. But I know you've always loved these mouthfuls. What's your problem?" Normani asked her and she pursed her lips not wanting to say anything maybe.

She took a deep breath and responded to Ally. "Nothing." She stared at the window once again, as if there's someone dancing outside or someone playing their guitar and she just kept on watching. But there was no one outside, the streets even looked emptier than before.

Ally whispered. "Weird." Exactly my thought.

After we finished eating our orders, we took two cabs; one for Ally's group and one for us. Sure, Austin went with our cab. Of course, he's my date and he's with me. Dinah still seemed uncomfortable having Austin around but she's get used to it. Lauren on the other hand still looks lonely. Was there something bothering her?

I didn't even notice that we already reached our destination and Austin hugged me before bidding each other goodbye's. That was awkward and not awkward at all. Dinah rolled her eyes watching our interaction.

I'm sorry to bother your lone time with Austin that you actually looked for me.

It echoed in my mind as if she was telling me something she couldn't say in her own words. Was she mad that I actually asked Austin to join us or was she annoyed that I went with Austin?

"Mila!"

"Mila your phone."

"Goddamnit Mila your phone is ringing!"

It's the present time and Dinah and I are already in our dorm. Dinah is watching The Notebook without inviting me because she knows I'd just incessantly cry throughout the whole movie and she won't enjoy it as much as I would've while crying. It snapped me back from my thoughts and my phone has been ringing for quite a time now and before I even answer it, it stops ringing.

It's a missed call from Austin.

"Was that Lauren?" Dinah surprisingly asks and I shake my head. She smirks and continues on watching The Notebook all by herself. I try to call Austin but then I received a text from him.

A: I don't think this is appropriate but I really had a good time. Thanks to you. Till next time. :)

I typed the words I'll reply to him and sent him right away.

C: No problem. You mean, thanks to you. Good night!

I throw away my phone to one side of my bed and lie down. This has been a really tiring day. There are a lot of thoughts running in my mind and to be able to forget them for a short period of time is to finally sleep. I wonder why Dinah isn't even asleep yet and decided to watch a movie. Sure, she's also tired the whole night.