XXIX.

Camila's POV

"Mila we've gone to a lot of stores already and you haven't bought not even one dress!" Dinah exclaims in exasperation while we walk and roam around the mall. "I picked your favorite color and you said it was too simple and when I chose this extravagant looking dress, you said it was too much. Why can't you just go to this date wearing your pajamas?!" I slap her and laugh lightly. We've gone to forever 21 and other stores and my eyes still haven't choses a good dress that would fit me for tonight's date.

I squeal internally remembering how Lauren asked me officially to this date.

There was a knock on the door and Dinah was about to go out with Siope and she opened the door. Lauren's face was revealed and Dinah coughed slightly and suddenly looked right back at me. I furrowed my eyebrows why and then a bouquet of blue roses was already seen by my eyes. I almost gasped in shock. She didn't text me all day and I was about to confront her about it and here she was, wearing a quite worried face but smiling a bit, with a bouquet in hand. Maybe I could confront her about it the next day, but it really didn't matter already anyway. Dinah coughed once again breaking the awful silence.

"Camz, I'll go now." Lauren stared at her and Dinah was confused. At first I was too but remembering the encounter with Shannon few days ago. "What? You have anything to say to me Lo?"

Lauren stared at her almost wanted to shake her head but still decided to say her piece. "I'm sorry Dinah but I'm the only person allowed to call her Camz." She said and I covered my mouth to stop myself from laughing. It was time for Dinah to stare at her back and suddenly emerged in laughter.

"Are you kidding me? I already called her Camz before. I didn't know it's a thing of yours. Lauren, such a romantic." Dinah pretended to swoon and I cleared my throat. But Lauren still responded to Dinah.

"I mean it, Dinah Jane. You can call her whatever you like... just not Camz. It's my thing." Dinah laughed once again and Lauren almost glared at her for being not so serious like her.

Dinah looked at me and I used my eyes to urge her to nod and agree with her. Dinah put her hands up in surrender and stopped laughing. "Alright! Alright! From now on, I'll call her Mila. Not Camz, not ever." Lauren simply nodded her head and Dinah waved us off, opening the door and closing it right after she left. Lauren turned her gaze on me.

"So we're alone now." She told me as she walked towards my bed. "Anyway, here's a bouquet for my only b." She handed me the flowers and I quickly reached for it and smelled them one by one. It smelled like her touch, like her exact scent when she was near me. "B is for baby by the way. You're my only baby." I smiled at her and motioned for her to sit with me and cuddle. She willingly obliged and I felt the familiar warmth I've always craved.

"Baby is such a generic endearment. Can't you think of anything else?" I inquired and she stared at me while caressing the other side of my face.

She smiled sending butterflies inside my stomach. "Hmmm... cupcakes? Sweets? My little munchkin? Banana princess? What?!" I laughed at her choices and she laughed with me. "Well, nothing can beat Camz." I gushed and cuddled even more with her and she enveloped me with her arm until I could hear her heartbeat.

"Does your heart beat for me?" She drew circles on my shoulder. "Isn't it beautiful that our hearts beat in sync with the person we will end up with?"

"My heart only beats for you Camz and you're the only person who can stop it." She admitted almost above the whisper and I could feel a smile forming in my lips. I smiled against her chest and she embraced me even tighter. She put her other hand above my chest, feeling my heartbeat, I closed my eyes. "Your heart beats for me too. It beats the same with mine, does that mean you'll end up with me?" I touched her hand and caressed it slowly.