XIX.

Lauren's POV

"Have you noticed Camila lately?" She's acting weird and I don't even know why." Dinah is eating lunch with me at the cafeteria. "Like she's closing herself from anything or anyone. She doesn't even talk to me that much and like she sleeps a bunch of times and just stays in our room and watches on Netflix? You think she broke up with Austin?"

"I don't think so!" I reply quickly as possible and Dinah stares at me like she's amused but confused at the same time. "I m-mean... w-well if they d-did break up..... y-you think Camila would really be that d-devastated about it?" Dinah is surprised by my question and even myself surprised me with what I came up.

Dinah decided to shrug it off.

Dinah looks for her phone inside her bag, maybe texting Camila and attempting to have her join us. We may have decided to do our sort of movie marathon in our apartment. Normani and I's apartment for the matter because Camila may have directly told us that she's clearly not feeling well and she wants to be alone. Like really, alone. It still doesn't make sense though. The way she acted when I was trying to apologize the way I acted the night we went to the skating rink. I thought that I acted rudely but if she's telling me that way I acted deserves for me not to be friends with her anymore? That's one thing. She was happy in the rink, she was enjoying herself and it all happened like she slept and she woke up not wanting to see me anymore.

Even if she doesn't say a word. I do feel it. I feel that I'm the main reason why she's acting stubborn like this. I'll say awful as an understatement because it's really breaking my heart. Maybe this 'like thing' is not just a 'like thing' after all. Maybe there's something more inside and I just haven't been aware of it growing.

"Woah!" Dinah suddenly exclaims stopping me from my train of thoughts.

I look at her in full confusion. "Woah what?!"

"Well guess what, Camila fortunately decided she wants to join us in our movie marathon!" What did she just say? My eyes widen and I can't seem to find the words in response. "You heard that right, Lauren. Maybe she and Austin had talked things through. Guess they're okay now."

I blink. "How? How did she sound?" Are you even sure she wanted to come?"

"Well she did sound okay and a little bit excited? What do you want me to say? She sounded like she wants to watch Orange Is The New Black on Netflix?" I almost spit my coffee at her response. To my surprise, Dinah laughs. "I'm just kidding, Lauren. But she really did sound a little bit excited. I mean, she's been hiding in that hideous room for days right? She must be really excited to go get in touch with the sun for once."

It makes sense that maybe she and Austin are okay that's why she magically decided to join us and also that her sudden behavior was caused by none other than Austin himself? What only makes me think otherwise is that how in the hell could Austin make Camila feel the way? Is this even the alternate universe? I finish my coffee while waiting for Dinah to update me once more, but she seems too engrossed with what she's reading on her phone. Maybe it's her boyfriend or some sort. Maybe I'm really just overthinking things and Camila and I are still friends and more importantly, she still wants to see me.

My heart flutters with the thought.

"Lauren! Where the hell is Dinah? Don't tell me she's not coming too?" Normani was the one to open the door of the apartment for me. Before I could even respond, she continues her speech. "That sucks. We're only three then. I made popcorn and waffles for five though. I guess we can finish them off-----."

I laugh at her sudden rambling. "Shush Mani. Dinah will be joining us. It's just that she's going to go get Camila to join us too."

"No way in hell you're not kidding!" Camila decided to join us?"