Sequel: Once Those Hazel Eyes (V.)

Camila's POV

"Mila, are you alright?" Honestly, the question is the only thing that I've always heard recently. The past few weeks I've committed myself to helping Austin recover. I've been staying in the hospital almost all day and all night. "You look so tired."

"I know I'm such a mess." I admitted. "I don't know if I'm capable to feel so much anymore."

Dinah Jane sighs and looks at me in pity. I don't blame her though. My life has been a roller coaster of events and emotions in just some time and I certainly have no idea what is to happen next. "How's Austin?"

Upon hearing his name, suddenly there's a lot of emotions invading me inside. I remember our friendship over the course of years and how he helped me to keep on existing every day. I remember how he made me laugh and how we went on trips and ate various food in every city we went to. I remember those good times. Dinah, Austin and I are like a trio. We've been together in ups and downs. Knowing that Austin tried to kill himself because of his feelings for me is something that's beyond my control.

But her mother pleaded and she believes that I can do something. It's true though. It's true that I can do something. I can be with Austin but I'll be hurting someone on the process. Someone that I truly love and someone that I'm completely indebted to live with forever.

"He's doing better I guess." I simply answered her question. "He starts smiling now and he consumes his food. He's recovering."

My best friend touched my arm and that's when I lost it. I let myself fall apart when I embraced her into a hug. "Most importantly, how are you?" Dinah holds me closer to keep my fragility intact.

"I don't know. Is there always an answer to that question?" I told her.

Dinah smiles to reassure me that it will be okay. Things get okay but suddenly they aren't anymore. "I know what you're thinking right now. But it will be okay and it won't be bad anymore."

"Mila!" I searched for the owner of the voice and Ally's presence appeared from the back. She's with Normani and they're both smiling at me. They walked towards me and Dinah released herself from the hug. "Damn, we sure missed you so much!" Normani exclaimed.

"We're here to see you and visit Austin too." Ally informed us. "Also, we'd like to know why we couldn't contact Lauren for weeks now? Anything happened?" Normani's eyes quirk up as if too curious to know why.

I averted my gaze to Dinah seemingly looking for help.

She shrugged the question off and guided the other two girls inside Austin's room.

I didn't cry.

Now I know, I've been weak for too long.

"Mija, I thought you're with Lauren. Where is she?" I came home in hopes that Lauren and I would finally live in. Together, being engaged, officially informing my relatives about it. But just like how life always was, it ruined that for the both of us. I weakly sat on the nearest sofa and Sinu noticed it. My mother noticed it as she walked towards me. "Mija, there are things in the world that you have to fight for and you have to let go."

There are things but sometimes you just don't have to know anymore. "Austin's mother begged me to stay with him. He told them they loved me...." I confessed. "I love him too b-but... I am in love with Lauren."

Sinu nodded in agreement. She already knew these things I've been hiding with me. Clearly, she's one of the people I needed to talk to in times like this. "We're engaged too."