XX.

Camila's POV

"What?!" Shannon, one of my friends I've known through internet screamed to me through a phone call. "What did you just say? Did you really offer her that proposal? God!" She keeps on telling me a bunch of times already.

I clear my throat before revealing the truth to her. "I....did."

I can feel Lauren's heart beating rapidly against her chest as she watched me bit my bottom lip readying myself for my next surprise speech. The thought really didn't just come to me one night when I slept and then I woke up I already wanted for her to be like that and for us to be that way.

Biting my bottom lip once again and not looking directly into her green eyes. "I also have a nice although quite indecent proposal for you. Can we be....what do you call it? Like....let's be friends...with benefits?" I abruptly spoke. She remained her gaze on me and when I decided to look at her, she's already been staring at me with her lips parted and her eyes focusing on my own waiting for me to take it back. Maybe. When she didn't speak, I thought I'd do all the talking. She must be surprised. Hell, I was surprised at myself too for coming up with this decision. "Lauren."

She suddenly looked away and focused on one of her knuckles steady on car radio. "W-wha....aaat? I d-do...on't......I didn't.... I c-ca...an't." She started rambling on words. Shall I take that she didn't want it? That my idea was the lamest idea that's ever been offered to her? God, I honestly did not prepare myself for this. "Camila, you're getting good at jokes. But, stop it. Definitely not f-funny." She tried to fake her laugh but it turned out to be a nervous one and I placed my left hand just above her thigh. I felt her body tensed up with the touch.

"Lauren. I'm serious." I tried to sound professional even this whole talk was basically a joke and no one would actually believe I was doing this. "Those days I stayed alone in our dorm, I told you guys that I wasn't feeling well. It was a half- truth." I cleared my throat before continuing. "The other half of it was that I'd been trying to avoid you." Lauren was looking at me intently now and attentively listening. "It first happened when you kissed me. You kissed me like it's the most natural thing in the world but things got awkward. You must've known. I suddenly felt strange the days after that. Like I needed someone to satisfy that craving of mine..."

"W-what about Austin? He didn't kiss you yet?" She stopped me and I was taken aback. If Lauren only looked into my eyes closely, she would've noticed that I was as nervous as her by now. "Because honestly I don't get it. He's your boyfriend after all."

"We already kissed. Actually we did more than that but it was always never enough." I lied to her. "If I'm being honest, he didn't make me feel the way you made me feel." Now, her eyes widened in total astonishment. Probably because she was talking to Camila and Camila doesn't normally speak like this and Camila doesn't do what she just did. Camila just stays in her room and watches sappy romantic movies while doing her homework.

"Do you like me?" She asked me. Before the clock stroke 2 in the morning and empty streets got even emptier, my heart suddenly jumped in shock. Do I like her? Of course not. I like the way her lips pressed against mine and the way her eyes changed color when she started looking from my eyes down to my lips until it reached my neck.

"No!" I answered in a hurry. "I don't like you, Lauren. I have a boyfriend." I laughed in panic.

She pulled my hand away from her thigh and my eyes widened at the thought that she was mad about what I said. Wrong answer, Camila. She was piercing her green eyes into mine and there was no lust, no intention of making out, only there was confusion and anger. It was seemingly obvious that she didn't like my answer.