Chapter 75

Jack and Jackie made their journey to the Whitehouse for Thanksgiving and were immediately greeted by Mamie. "Say, 'Hello, Mrs. Eisenhower,'" Jackie whispered nudging her three children forward.

    "Hello, Mrs. Eisenhower," Harrison said speaking up first as he was the oldest and the bravest.

    "Hi," Arabella said shyly.

    "Happy Turkey Day!" Caroline squealed.

    "Happy Turkey Day, sweetie! You must be Caroline."

    "I am!" she replied proudly.

    Mamie picked her up and Caroline hugged her. President Eisenhower then entered the parlor and Harrison took an immediate fascination and liking toward him, "Hello there," he said as Harrison walked toward him.

    "Hi, I'm Harrison," Harrison grinned offering his hand for the President to shake.

    "Aren't you going to make a good politician someday! Just like Daddy, huh?" Dwight asked and then offered to pickHarrison up which Harrison gladly accepted.

    "Arabella," Mamie said bending down as she held Caroline, "I heard you just love gingerbread men. Is that right?"

    Arabella nodded shyly as she held onto her mother's hand.

    "Well, I have something just for you, darling." Mamie turned around and grabbed a small gingerbread stuffed toy off of a table behind her. Arabella then walked toward Mamie and took the toy as well as Mamie's free hand.

    Jack finally came inside carrying all of their luggage, "John Kennedy, it is a pleasure to finally formally meet you," the President said shaking his hand.

    "The pleasure is all ours, Mr. President."

    "Oh please, we're spending a holiday together. Call me Dwight or Ike."

    "Please call me Jack."

    "Will do. Now, shall we make our way into the sitting room?"

    "Yes, please. I'm quite tired," Jackie commented.

    "When are you due?" Mamie asked Jackie.

    "Three weeks," Jackie smiled.

    "We're very excited," Jack said looking at Dwight.

    "I can imagine," he said smiling at Jack.

    They arrived in the living room and sat for awhile playing with the kids and enjoying talking to one another. Soon enough, the cooks asked them to take their seats at the table to eat Thanksgiving dinner.

    While they were eating, Jack noticed Jackie seemed to be squirming uncomfortably, "Jackie," he finally said, "Are you alright?"

    "I just have twinge of pain in my back and it-" she groaned and took a deep breath.

    "Jackie, I think we need to get you to a hospital. "

    "You go, Jack," Mamie said, "Ike and I will take care of your kids."

    "Are you sure?" Jack asked helping Jackie up.

    "Of course," Ike said.

    Jack quickly drove them to the nearest hospital and a few minutes later a nurse took Jackie to a delivery room, "Mrs. Kennedy, I think it's safe to say you'll have a fourth child early tomorrow morning."

       Jackie smiled at the nurse, "Can you get my husband, please?"

       "Ma'am, most husbands wait in the expectant fathers' room."

       "Mine doesn't."

      "Of course then, Mrs. Kennedy."

      Jackie sat quietly for a few moments before Jack rushed in. "Jackie!" He exclaimed running toward his wife and kissing her.

       After a few long hours, Jack and Jackie sat quietly admiring their newest addition, another son.

       "Jack, he's just precious."

      John squeezed onto his father's finger. "I think he likes me."

      "What's not to like?"