Chapter 8

Jackie and Bobby walked down to the cafeteria while Kathleen sat with Jack. "I'm so happy to see him again," Jackie said quietly.

"Me too. Me too," Bobby trailed off.

"What?" Jackie asked as she grabbed Bobby's hand and held it, "What's wrong, Bob?"

"Jackie, you know with everything that happened with Jack... I don't know... I guess I just don't want to have any regrets."

"Why would you have any regrets?"

"I was always saying that Mom and Dad favored Jack and Joe. I was a jerk to them all of the time. I don't know what I would've done with myself if Jack had died."

"But he didn't, Bobby. You can change. You and Jack can get along better now. It can be different," Jackie stopped a moment, "Listen, I'm going to walk up and relieve Kathleen so she can eat something."

Bobby nodded and Jackie made the climb up to Jack's room. When she arrived, she tapped Kathleen on the shoulder, "Go eat something," Jackie whispered.

Kathleen left the room and Jackie took her seat next to Jack's bed. Jackie sat quietly until Jack woke up, "Jackie," he said opening his eyes.

"Hi there, Jack."

"Kick told me you were a fantastic help to my family this week and I have to thank you for that."

"It's unnecessary to thank me. Your family has been wonderful to me."

"Well, Kick said you were even more wonderful to them."

Jackie smiled, "Well, thank you."

They say quietly for a few moments, "So are you and Bob dating?"

"No!" Jackie exclaimed.

"You two are always together," Jack defended himself, "Can't blame a guy for asking."