Chapter 7

Just a quick thank you to all of my readers and a shoutout to some of my favorite writers on here, Daleyeah88 JfkRfk37 The13thRaven 1987jacknjackie MrsJKennedy

      The days passed slowly as the family waited hear the fate of the crew of the PT-109. Jackie's mother had allowed her to stay with the Kennedys for awhile as she didn't want to deal with the situation. Nearly a week had passed without another word about the crew, specifically Jack. One day, as Mrs. Kennedy, Kathleen, and Jackie were preparing a dinner that no one would do more than pick at, the phone began to ring that same awful screech.

   "Jackie," Mrs. Kennedy had began to call her over the course of the week she spent with them, "I can't bare to pick up that phone. Can you please answer it?"

   Jackie took a deep breath, "Absolutely, Mrs. Kennedy," Jackie strode over to the phone and picked it up off of the receiver, "Hello?"

   "Have I reached the Kennedy residence?" asked a man's deep voice.

   "Yes, do you have information about Mr. John Fitzgerald Kennedy?"

   "Yes, ma'am."

   Jackie took a deep breath and waited for the man's voice to say something.

   "John F. Kennedy was rescued about two hours ago he's en route to a hospital. He has severe back injuries and possibly malaria."

   Jackie let out the breath that she had felt like she had been holding in for the past six days and began to cry, "Thank you, sir! Thank you so much!"

   She placed the phone back on the receiver and ran to hug Kathleen and Mrs. Kennedy, "He's alive!" she cried, "John F. Kennedy will live to fight another day and make me cry for the second time since I met him!"

   Kathleen laughed as she began to cry too. Again, within minutes, everyone in the house was downstairs hugging and happy to know that Jack was alive.

   "Someone needs to go to the hospital and be with Jack," Bobby said after things had calmed down.

   "I can't go," Mr. Kennedy said, "Kathleen, why don't you go and take Bobby and Jackie with you?"

   "Me?" Jackie questioned.

   "You'll be good company for Jack besides, you can get a break from your mother."

   "Mr. Kennedy, you are one fantastic human."

   He smiled at Jackie and then winked at her, "You're pretty fantastic yourself, kid," Mr. Kennedy said patting Jackie on the shoulder.

   Jackie blushed. Later on, after Mr. Kennedy had negotiated with Jackie's mother about her going with Kathleen and Bobby to see Jack. Jackie nearly ran home to pack her bags and then ran back to the Kennedy compound. Kathleen was going to drive the old car to the hospital to see Jack.

   The threesome drove for countless hours to see Jack and when they arrived it was late at night. Despite all of them being exhausted, they dashed toward his room. "Hey," Jack said upon their entering the room, "Kathleen! Bobby! I missed you so much," he moaned with a tad of excitement in his voice, "Aw, girl-I-made-cry, you came too."

   Jackie smiled at him, "It's Jackie, doofus," Jackie muttered laughing, "It's basically your name."

   Jack began to laugh, "Aw damn it, don't make me laugh. It hurts too much."

   It was a lost cause because at that point both Kathleen and Bobby were nearly falling on the floor laughing.