Chapter 14

Jackie immediately took a mild disliking toward Ethel. "I'm Jackie," Jackie said quietly.

   "I'm Bobby," Bobby introduced himself.

   Ethel got in the backseat with Jackie and Bobby drove with Jack in passenger seat. Jackie sat quietly looking out the window. "So Jackie," Ethel said making conversation, "How old are you?"

   "I'm eighteen. I just turned eighteen last week."

   "What'd you do for your birthday?"

   "Bobby took me to the movies and then we had dinner together."

   "Aw... That's nice."

   They were then awkwardly silent until they got to the restaurant. They sat at a round table where Jackie was between Jack and Bobby and Ethel was across from her. Halfway through the meal, three violinists came over to the table and began to play "Somewhere Over the Rainbow". Jackie's smile broadened from ear to ear.

   "Bobby," Jackie grabbed his hand, "I love this song! What a happy coincidence!"

   "No, I planned this," Bobby said quietly.

   "What?" Jackie said confused, "This is too sweet."

   Bobby then got down on one knee, "Jacqueline Lee Bouvier, will you marry me?"

   "Oh, Bobby!" Jackie exclaimed as Bobby held the ring out to her, "Absolutely!"

   Bobby and Jackie both stood and kissed. Bobby then slid the diamond ring on Jackie's finger. "I love you, Bobby," Jackie beamed.

   "I love you, Jackie."