Chapter 24

The warm days of summer turned into the cool breezy nights of fall and soon Halloween was upon the family. Everyone else was going to Halloween parties, so Jack and Jackie volunteered to stay and pass out Rose's cookies to the neighborhood children. Jackie was dressed up as a witch and Jack was dressed as Dracula. They sat together talking while they waited. "Do you think your family is really believing that we just became good friends all of a sudden?" Jackie asked.

"They seem like they do," Jack said kissing Jackie's neck only to be interrupted by the doorbell.

"Jack, I have to get that."

"Don't go."

Jackie pulled away, "Behave, Mr. Kennedy."

"Well, I don't want to," he pretended to pout as she walked away.

Jackie laughed and opened the door, "Hello!"

"Trick-or-treat!" a group of children exclaimed.

"Happy Halloween!" Jackie smiled placing the cookies wrapped in paper in each of their pillowcases.

"Thank you!" they all called as they ran away from the house.

Jackie smiled and shut the door, "Well, that's the last of the cookies. It's almost over anyhow."

"Maybe we have some time to-"

"Jack Kennedy, not until I have a wedding ring on this finger and can call myself Mrs. Kennedy."

"Soon enough then, Jacqueline," he grinned and hugged her.

"We do have time to watch a movie though."

"I'll take that then," Jack smiled.