Chapter 87

As the summer approached, Jack and Jackie seemed to have completely repaired the bond that had been broken due to his cheating. It had already been repaired after his assassination attempt, but the anticipation for their newest addition brought them even closer together. On Jack's birthday, Jackie hosted a party at the Whitehouse with all of his family, including Rosemary. When she brought him downstairs, she made him cover his eyes. After they walked in to the party room, he opened them and began to tear up upon seeing Rosemary. He ran to her and kissed her cheek, "Hey there, Rosie!"

      She handed him a picture. There were to stick figures drawn on it. Jack assumed it was him and her. "I'm so happy to see you!" he exclaimed, "And I love this picture!"

      Jackie pinched Bobby's elbow as they watched from the corner, "I want to thank you for getting Rosie here."

      "It wasn't a problem. How are Claudia and Lyndon doing?"

       Jackie glanced across the room to wear Claudia and Lyndon were sitting. Claudia held Mia in her arms while Lyndon and Teddy talked. "Very well. Claudia and the baby have bonded."

        "They look really happy."

         "I think they truly are."

         "And you and Jack?"

          "We truly are too," Jackie placed her hand on her well hidden bump and then quickly retracted it, "Shouldn't draw attention to it," she said quietly.

          "I would say not," Bobby laughed.

           "It's been a hell of a couple of years."

          "You got that right."

          Caroline and Arabella then ran over to them, "Mama!"

Jackie kneeled down and hugged them, "My babies! Did you wish Daddy a happy birthday?"

"Yes! We were wondering if tonight we could play with Baby Mia."

"Hmm... Well, let me go talk to Mr. and Mrs. Johnson."

Jackie walked over toward them, "How are you?" Lyndon said hugging her, "I haven't seen you for awhile."

"I know. It seems as though we always just miss one another. Jack told me the other day that I came into his office minutes after you had left."

Lyndon laughed, "How are you feeling?" he asked in a low tone, "Jack told me that you haven't been having an easy time."

"I feel nauseous a lot and I'm often really tired, but we are managing. Baby's very healthy so I can make due."

"Why don't Lady Bird and I take your kids for the night?"

Claudia nodded, "The girls were begging for a play date with Mia earlier. I'm sure your boys could find something to do with Lyndon."

"That would be wonderful," Jackie said with a smile, "I would really appreciate that."

"Consider it done," Lyndon replied as he patted her shoulder.

"Well, we will talk later. I have to go socialize. "

"See you later, Jackie," Claudia said waving.

Jackie walked away and socialized with the rest of the family. Toward the end of the party, Jackie carried a large sheet cake out of the kitchen, "Happy birthday to you..." Jackie began. Everyone else then joined in and after she set the cake down on the table, Jack blew out the candles.