Chapter 65

The next few months were very happy for Jack and Jackie as they anxiously awaited the arrival of their child. On the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, the waiting was over when Jack woke to the sound of Jackie calling for him from the bathroom, "Jack! My water broke."

Jack dashed into the bathroom and after wrapping Jackie up in her pink robe, he led her to the car. Jack then loaded Harrison and Arabella and drove to the main house where he dropped the kids off with his parents.

On the ride to the hospital, Jackie grabbed for Jack's hand and squeezed it tightly, "Jack," she whispered, "I can't tell you how thrilled I am to be having your baby."

"I can't tell you how thrilled I am that you're my wife and that we're about to become parents again."

Hours later, Jack and Jackie sat inside the hospital room waiting for their baby to arrive. Jackie was sweaty and breathless and Jack had been pacing back and forth nervously. "Jack, honey," Jackie grunted, "Relax. We've done this before. We can do it again. Oh thank God," Jackie said as a nurse walked into the room, "Are we ready?"

"Yes, Mrs. Kennedy. Mr. Kennedy, will you be joining us in the delivery room?"

Jack nodded, "Of course," he said grabbing Jackie's hand, "Jesus Christ, Jackie," he mumbled as she dug her nails into his hand.

"I'm sorry, Jack. That was a big one."

    "It's alright, Kid," he smiled, "It's alright. Let's do this."

    Only an hour later, their second daughter was born, "Oh Jack, she's beautiful," Jackie cried as she held the baby in her arms.

Jack sat on the edge of the bed and used his thumb to wipe away her tears, "Damn it, Jackie, you're going to make me cry," he laughed as tears began to spill out of his eyes.

Jackie laughed through her tears.

"Caroline Bouvier Kennedy," Jack said quietly as he touched his tiny daughter's face.

"It suits her perfectly."

"I agree. Can I hold her, Jackie?"

Jackie placed Caroline in his arms and Jack carefully rocked her back and forth. "Caroline, I'm going to give you the moon and the stars."

Jackie peered over his shoulder at their daughter, "She's precious."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day was Thanksgiving and Jackie had insisted that Jack go home and spend it with Harrison and Arabella. While she was nursing Caroline, there was a knock at the door, "Just a minute," Jackie replied covering herself.

"Hey, how are you feeling?" Bobby asked walking into the room with a teddy bear and a balloon.

"I'm alright," Jackie said cooly. Her and Bobby hadn't spoken much since he kissed her.

"How's your little one?"

"She's good."

"Jackie, I'm sorry for what I did."

"I don't want to talk about it now, Bobby," Jackie snapped, "Go home."

"But, Jackie-"

"Go home!"