Chapter 55

Jackie kneeled next to Jack as they waited for paramedics. They arrived quickly and then rushed Jack and Jackie off to the hospital. "Jack, honey, I'm right here," she said as he blinked in and out of consciousness, "We're taking you to the hospital and you're going to feel as good as new."

"You're doing excellent, Mr. Kennedy," the paramedic who was sitting next to Jackie commented.

       Jack hadn't said anything since he had initially fainted, but managed to say to the paramedic, "Take care of my wife. She's four months pregnant."

      The paramedic looked over at Jackie, "Are you feeling alright, ma'am?"

     "I'm perfectly fine. Thank you, sir. Bunny, baby Kennedy and I are doing just fine."

      Jack nodded and then the ambulance stopped and Jack was wheeled into the hospital.

     After an hour of waiting, the doctor came out to speak with Jackie and Bobby, "He's doing well. We gave him a cortisol injection and he's resting. We also gave him some pain medication for his back. It's quite inflamed. I think he should see his back doctor and discuss surgery."

     Bobby and Jackie thanked the doctor by shaking his hand and smiling weakly.

      "Oh, and he's a little out of it from the pain medication, just fair warning."

     Bobby and Jackie went into his room and found him drooling, "I think they gave him enough meds to poison a small rodent," Jackie giggled.

     "Hey there, Jack."

     "Bob," Jack slurred, "I missed you. How was your trip to... Ah... Oh hell, I forget! Glad you're back! How's your wife, Jacqueline, doing?"

      "Jack, Jackie's your wife."

      "Bob!" Jack exclaimed grabbing Bobby by the tie, "She's gonna kill me. I missed the wedding."

      Jackie giggled, "Jack, you didn't miss the wedding," she whispered holding his hand, "You've always been there for me."