Chapter 54

"And so, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for being here with us today," Jackie smiled and looked out at her audience as she campaigned for Jack's seat in the senate.

       "What a gal," Bobby said elbowing Jack in ribs, "My wife would never do this for me whether she was pregnant or not."

Jackie continued speaking while Jack attempted to dry his brow, "Bob, you gotta get me out of here."

      "You're about to go on."

      "I'm going to pass out, Bob," Jack said his pupils enlarging.

      Bobby grabbed Jack by the elbow and quickly led him to a cool room where Jack laid on the floor. Jackie made notice of the incident out of the corner of her eyes and quickly covered, "My husband was supposed to speak now, but it seems as though one of our children is needing tended to; so in lieu of him. I will give his speech."

      Teddy sighed a sigh of relief and quietly muttered, "Nice save, Jackie."

      Once Jackie finished, she exited and then ran to find Jack, "Ted!"

"Follow me!" he called and Jackie ran after him to find Jack laying down on the dirty floor of a janitors' closet.

"Bunny, what's wrong?"

"Addison's," he replied weakly before his eyes seemed to roll into the back of his head and he became unconscious.