Chapter 61

"Well, good morning, Kathleen," Jackie said as Kathleen was face to face with her.

    "Are you awake?" Kathleen asked staring into Jackie's eyes.

    "What the-"

    "Kathleen's up, Jack," Jackie interrupted quickly so Jack wouldn't swear in front of his young niece.

    "Oh, oh. Good morning, Kathleen."

    Kathleen made herself comfortable by climbing up on Jackie's legs and laying on them.

    Jackie looked at Jack and smiled. Jack picked up his forearm and glanced at his watch, "Geez, it's already eight in the morning."

    Jackie covered Jack's mouth with her hand, "Shh, we're on vacation and the kids are mostly asleep."

    "Kathleen's asleep already."

    Jack put his hand on Jackie's stomach, "Jack," Jackie whispered excitedly, "Put your hand right here."

    "Is that him or her?"

    Jackie smiled and nodded her head. After they sat their for awhile longer, they decided to get up and go to the beach and boardwalk. Jack helped the kids get ready while Jackie packed a big picnic for lunch. "Let's roll kiddos," Jackie said picking up Harrison while Jack carried Arabella and Mary. The other four children walked hand in hand in front of them. "This is nice, Jack."

    "I agree. It's chaotic with all of these kids, but it's nice. We'll have a fun time."

    They stepped onto the sandy beach and found a good spot to set up their umbrella, chairs, and beach blankets. "Aunt Jackie, can we go in the water?"

    "Uncle Jack will have to take you while I stay with the little ones."

     Kathleen, Joseph, and Robert then tugged Jack down to the water while Jackie built sandcastles with Harrison, Arabella, Mary, and David.

    After an exhausting day at the beach and on the boardwalk, they headed back to the beach house. The whole week seemed to fly by and then they had to head home. Jack loaded up his car and Jackie loaded up Bobby's, as he had taken a cab back, and they departed for Hyannis Port. When they pulled into Hyannis Port that evening, they dropped Bobby's kids off at his house and then Jackie and Jack went home. "That was nice," Jackie yawned as she climbed into bed.

     "Yes it was," Jack said adjusting his pillow. After the couple shared a goodnight kiss, they rolled over and went to sleep.