Chapter 41

Jackie sat in the family room with Ethel and nursed Harrison. "I just can't believe it."

"I know," Ethel said and placed her hand on her small baby bump.

"Forget about him for now. Tell me how your life is going and take my mind off of Jack."

"I'm due in September."

"That's great, Ethie. What do you think you'll name this one?"

"Mary, if it's a girl, but we haven't decided on a name yet if it's a boy."

"Good morn-ahh, I'll come back!" Bobby said putting his hand up to cover his eyes after walking in on Jackie nursing Harrison.

"Bobby, it's fine. Ethie, toss me that light swaddle blanket over there," Jackie laughed and then covered up from her right should to Harrison's head, "Alright, Bobby, the coast is clear."

"Oh, Bobby," Ethel giggled, "You've seen me nurse before."

"You're my wife. Jackie's my friend."

"I guess we're all seeing parts of people we don't want to see," Jackie commented.

"How much of her did you see?" Ethel asked.

    "She was completely nude...in my bed. So, Bob, what you just saw was nothing."

    Bobby smiled weakly, "It's fine, Jackie. I'm so sorry about Jack."

    "I just don't know what I should do, Bob."

    "What do you want to do?"

    "I want to leave his sorry ass, but I don't at the same time."

    "I don't know what to tell you then, Jackie."

     Jackie sighed and finished nursing Harrison. After Bobby left the room, she placed Harrison in Ethel's spare bassinet and readjusted herself. "Ethie, if I would give him a second chance, how could I make myself trust him again."

        "I really don't know because it would destroy me if Bobby ever cheated on me, beyond the point of any repair."

       Jackie sighed loudly and Ethel moved next to her on the couch and hugged her. "I love you, Ethie, and I'm so glad we're friends."

       "Love you back and me too," Ethel said as Jackie leaned her head on Ethel's shoulder.