Chapter 74

Jackie held on to Jack's knee as they waited anxiously for the results of the election. "I have to beat Nixon, Jackie. I just have to!"

"I know, Jackie whispered as she fixed her hair. They had spent a quiet night at home watching the election coverage because Jackie was eight months pregnant with their forth child.

"We've just received confirmation," the newscaster began, "That the 35th president of the United States of America will be Mr. John Fitzgerald Kennedy."

Jackie and Jack both sprung off of the couch and embraced for a few moments. The phone then began to ring. Jack ran to answer it. "Sir, thank you! I think I can do that. Yes, goodnight, sir."

"Who was it, Jack?" Jackie asked moseying over to where Jack was standing by the receiver.

"President Eisenhower," Jack said breathlessly, "calling to congratulate me."

Jackie began kissing Jack, "I love you and I'm so very proud of you."

Jack hugged Jackie, "I couldn't have done it without you and the kiddos."

"The president and Mrs. Eisenhower would like us to join them for Thanksgiving at the Whitehouse."

"Absolutely!"

"Jackie, you'll be  two weeks from your due date then!"

"It's Thanksgiving with the President and the First Lady! They can give us some pointers. We'll take the chance."

"I'll contact him then and let him know that they'll be five crazy Kennedys crashing their Thanksgiving."

Jackie kissed Jack's cheek. "I need some sleep. Love you, Bunny."

"Love you too, Kid."