Strength

Kay POV
Chapter 46

I woke up from my dreams sweating bullets. I haven't seen or talked to August in months. So why he was on my mind made me curious. I looked over at George who sleeping. I laid my head back down sighing.

" you okay?",George gripped my hand.

"Yeah just know if you ever get loud with me. Imma beat yo ass!",I started getting mad from my dream.

"Kay what you talking about?",He chuckled.

"In my dream you was talking all that tough shit!",I giggle. " Even hit me"

"Oh shit here we go!",He sigjed and right on que Aiden started crying.

"How did...",I was surprised.

"Daddy instincts",He chuckled rolling over. " Go get my son"

I hopped out the bed going into Aiden's room. He was standing on the side of his crib reaching for me. I picked him up sitting in the rocking chair to the far left by the window. I cradled him in hopes he would fall back to sleep.

"I love you Aiden",I smiled brushing his hair from his face.

I've been a mom for a minute now but it didn't hit me until this moment. I was a mom and I no longer had mine. Just the thought alone sent chills down my body. Nobody could've told me in a million years I would be here.

Mom,singing career, and alone in this world. I would've told you that you were crazy. I honestly would. Nothing could've ever prepared me for my mom's death or my nephew's. Aiden shortly fell asleep and I laid him in his crib.

I tip toed back in my room to see George sleeping. Which was expected. I climbed in bed just watching him. Eventually I tapped him waking him up.

"Do you remember when we first met?",I played with the strings on my shorts.

"I'll never forget it. The moment I saw you man. I was in love",He smiled to himself.

"Is that right?",I chuckled.

"Yeah. I wouldn't change nothing except the way I hurt you. My thoughts got clouded and I started treating you like these other bitches",He looked away.

"Yeah you did!",I held my head down.

"You still love me?",He broke from a gaze and his eyes locked with mine.

"I'll always love you. First man I did everything with. Virginity, kids, marriage, and the first man I ever loved to the point where I'll put you before me",I laid down yawning.

"First woman I ever loved honestly ",He laid in between my legs, resting his head on my stomach.

"So why did you do all that stuff? I heard what you said. I just don't understand", I was silently saying to myself to not to cry. He doesnt deserve that anymore.

"I was hurting. I did whatever I thought could hurt you. When I actually did it didn't help my pain. You handle stuff differently from me and no my way isn't the right way. I'm just human",I looked over at him chuckling a little.

"Man fuck what other people say. Imma ride for you baby if you gone ride for me. Because I know what we have is oh so real. I feel so confident. You are what I was made for. I'm just trying to grow with you!", I looked up at me with a blank stare before tears escaped his eyes.

I wrapped my arms around his neck holding him. Don't question it. I know this man for who he really is. Even though I'm broken. he's broken too. So we'll just be broken together. I know in my heart it's worth it. I know in my heart he will change.

I couldn't understand why he was crying. Maybe nobody ever showed him this kind of love. To love him unconditionally and not give up on him when he fucks up. The room grew  silent. I heard the wind whistling. He fell asleep in my arms and I drifted to sleep right after.

I woke up to an empty bed. I rubbed my eyes getting out of bed. The house was still silent just like last night. I looked out the back window to see George playing with the kids. He was suppose to be handling business but I guess he decided not to.

I walked in the kitchen opening the microwave to see if George made breakfast. Just as expected he did. We've been slacking on business lately. I ate my breakfast and stood at the glass doors watching them play.

"Good morning",I jumped and stomped when I realized it was my dad.

"What are you doing?",I retorted.

"I was out of town. I'm back. Just came to see my beautiful daughter and grandkids", He kissed my forehead before going into the backyard.

George came in the house taking a phone call. What ever it was I knew it was important. Him and my dad was starting the drug business over. From new workers to a new location. I grabbed my phone from the counter checking my emails.

I stumbled across an email from Party. For that past two weeks I have been ignoring their phone calls. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go back in the music business. Especially after that stuff with Estuko.

Kay,.this is party. We haven't heard from you . We were just wondering if you and the family were okay. You know the number so hit us back when you can......

I felt arms wrap around my waist and I knew it was George. He kissed on my neck. Eventually turning me in his arms. I was tired and ready to go take a nap but George want to keep playing.

"I'm trying to go lay down",I started whining.

"Come outside with your family",George tried pushing me outside.

"It's chilly out there",I punched him.

"Okay. Okay. I'm sorry!",He rubbed his chest.

"What. Ever!",I retorted.

"Can I have a kiss?",He gripped my waist.

"Yes you can",I planted my lips on his.

Unknown POV

I heard laughing as I approached the door which made me nervous. I stood at the door trying to collect my thoughts. I don't know how this was going to go but I'm going to do it. I rung the door bell and shortly after I heard shuffling and the door opened.

"Ummmmm"

Quick Note:

      I know it's short but it's something.