Recovery Delayed!

Kay Pov
Chapter 11

I stood up firing my gun causing the bullet to hit my sister in the leg.

"Ahh. bitch drop the fucking gun before I kill you",She clenched in pain.

"Fuck you",I held my gun high aiming at her head. I knew those classes I took at the gun range were going to pay off one day.

   I kept my gun up because I know God has me. She fired her gun and my dad jumped in front of me causing the bullet to hit him. MJ tackled her to the ground and I watched as her gun landed right by my foot. I grabbed a towel and picked up the gun sitting it on the Island.

"Sorry prima",MJ punched her knocking her out.

I grabbed my phone from my purse calling 9-1-1. I gave the operator the address and went to aid my dad. I wasn't sure where the blood was coming from but it was a lot. I checked everywhere while he laid there clenching in pain. I found the bullet wound on the left side of his stomach. As soon as I removed his shirt the paramedics came in. I watched them take him on the stretcher into the ambulance. I called George and realized the trouble I was going to be in after he answered.

"Hello",I heard his raspy voice.

" I didn't go to school. I came to the house and it was a set up. Well I didn't know it... My sister shot at me-

"Wait what?",He started yelling.

"I'm fine my dad took the bullet",I laughed nervously.

"Kay what the fuck?",I could hear the concern in his voice.

"I'm going to the hospital with him"

"I'll meet you down there", He hung up the phone.

The police that arrived with the ambulance placing the "female dog" I call my sister under arrest. I knew she had something to do with the murder of my mom and nephew.

I sat in the waiting room with MJ waiting for the doctors to show. From afar I could see George walking off the elevator and my heart started pounding. I held my head down thinking of something to say, but what could I say. I already knew I was about to get my ass cussed out.

"What the fuck were you thinking? You are pregnant you can't be putting yourself in dangerous situations like that ",He shouted pacing back and forth. I don't know what hurt my feelings more, Him or that fact that everyone was looking at us.

"I know but I didn't know. I'm sorry!",I stood up trying to hug him but he moved.

"What's gone happen if I lose you? Huh?", I didn't have a answer for that so I just started frowning.

"I don't know. I didn't think if I went home someone would try to kill me",I pouted.

"You see what happened the last time you went somewhere without telling me. Kay anything could've happened",He started beating on his chest. On the inside I cant help but laugh but on the outside I had to keep a serious face .

He sat down and I sat right beside him laying my head on chest. I know how serious this is. I know that anything could've happened. I just didn't know that this would happen. I would never put our child's safety in jeopardy.

"Hold me Nigga!",I chuckled wrapping his arm around me.

"I'm still mad at you",He looked straight ahead.

"I'm sorry",I started whining.

"What am I going to do without you?",I could hear the shake in his voice. He's been real emotional ever since everything happened.

"I'm sorry",I started pouting again.

"I'm still mad",He finally looked at me.

"I know",I looked up at him poking my lips out and he kissed them.

"Ms. Jackson?",I heard the doctor.

I stood up as she made her way to me with a smile on her face. I'm hoping that means she has some good news to tell me. Even though he missed everything and I'm angry about that I still love my dad. I'm just mad he missed the important parts of my life. My mom missed him so much she didn't even date anymore after him.

"Your father is stable and he asked about you. Would you like to see him?",She looked up from her clipboard.

"Yes",I looked back at George and MJ and they gestured me to go.

I followed the doctor and was hesitant when we made it to the room. I stood there as she dismissed herself. It took me a minute to gain the courage to walk in. As soon as I walked in he quickly averted his eyes to me. What's he going to think about me?

"Kay baby I am so sorry",He held his hand out.

I took his hand climbing into the bed with him. I started crying and I cried even more just looking at his grey hair. He is old now like really old. When I last seen him was the day he dropped me off at school. I replayed that day over and over. Maybe I could've told him I didn't want him to leave me.

"I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you needed me. I'm so proud of you Kay",He kissed my forehead.

"Daddy I'm pregnant",I waited for his response.

"What? I'm too young to be a granddaddy",He chuckled holding me tighter.

"So what's your new family like?",I was curious to know.

"Kay baby that was a staged family",I could feel him staring at me.

"Well",I felt dumb.

"You my one and only baby girl",he brushed my hair from my face.

Honestly I'm glad he doesn't have a new family. It's nice laying here with him like I used to when I was little. I heard my stomach grumble and I looked up at him laughing. I guess all this drama worked me up an appetite.

"Go baby I'll be fine. Go fed my grandchild",He chuckled.

I stood up stretching and I couldn't help but smile. I have my dad back and let's hope he doesn't leave again.

"Kay I love you",He smiled.

" I love you too daddy",I walked out heading the same way I came from.

I could see MJ and George playing rock, paper, scissors. It was typical of them to be doing something dumb or random. I tapped George's shoulder when I made it to them.

"Your babies are hungry",I cooed stretching.

"Come on let's go get you something to eat", He wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

I looked back as we exited the hospital. I made a silent prayer to God not to take my daddy away again. It's some more sunshine around here.

Quick Note:

So Kay got her Dad back. I'm lows happy to get him back in.