Better Days

Kay POV
Chapter  //22//

"I don't understand what your trying to say",I retorted.

"He hasn't awakened from the induced coma and I don't think he will",I looked back at George.

"So what does that mean?", I laughed lightly because this is a joke. I'm sure of it.

"You may want to look at your options",He walked out the room.

   I went and sat in my usual spot. I haven't seen the kids in two days. Alicia and my dad said they're running wild. I decided to let them come up here today and see him.
I was trying not to cry but this is really getting to me. How life can just change for you in an instant.

"Daddy?",Aiko walked into the room slowly.

"Hi baby",I embraced her with kisses.

Alicia, my dad, Estuko, and Mason came in right after. I hugged them kissed Estuko and hugged Mason. Aiko and Mason were crying but Estuko was too little to understand it.
Aiko seen the bruises and what not so that's what made her start to cry.

"Daddy ",Aiko climbed into the bed with him laying under him."wake up daddy"

Mason walked over to him laying his head on his chest. I didn't like seeing them like this but I couldn't cry with them. They needed me to be strong for them. Alicia was holding Estuko crying.

"Come here baby",I grabbed Aiko.

"Why won't he wake up mommy?",Aiko kept crying uncontrollably.  I looked in her eyes and my lips started  quivering. I couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Excuse me",I got up rushing into the hallway.

I went into the bathroom resting over the sink letting my tears flow. I don't understand why him. I was trying to be tough but I can't. So many memories played in my head from him. It was crazy that this is happening to him.

"Chicka",MJ rushed into the bathroom grabbing me. I held onto him tighter and just cried.

"It's going to be okay. We leaving this in God's hands. You hear me?",He wiped my tears.

"Mhmm",I shook my head.

   I wiped my tears getting myself straight before I went back into his room. I walked in and Aiko was laying under George touching his face. I smiled a little before sitting in my seat.

"I'm going to take the kids home",Alicia grabbed my shoulder getting my attention.

  I kissed them before I had to watch them leave. It was pretty late so I wasn't going to keep them long anyways. I closed the room door and crawled in the bed with George. I held onto his had hoping he would grip it at least.

"Baby please wake up. I need you. I need you George just please wake up",I cried.

  I laid there and he exhaled really long gripping my hand. At that moment I was relieved to say the least. I couldn't help the excitement that ran through my body.  I wiped my tears and he opened his eyes. I cried even more and he closed his eyes again exhaling once more.I hugged onto him tighter kissing his face. He clinched in pain and I loosened my grip. The nurses came in along with the doctor to check on him. I stepped into the hallway with the doctor watching George through the glass.

"There is no way he could have waken up. This is a miracle. We going to keep him over night for testing . Just to make sure everything is okay",I hugged him.

  Even though it wasn't nothing but God, he did his job. I called his mom letting her know. I think she would want to know what's going on with her son. After I got off the phone I walked in the room to George crying. He was looking at the ceiling while tears streamed down his face.

"I could've died",He voiced sounded raspy. "I seen him"

I laid in the bed next to him crying with him. He is right I could have lost my everything. Nobody will ever be able to comprehend how I'm bonded to this man. My soul, heart, everything is bonded with him. If anything did happen to him I could be losing half of everything within me.

"I gotta get out the streets",He looked down at me."I can't do that to you and the kids"

"I love you so much",I cried uncontrollably.

"I love you Kay"

We laid there crying until I eventually fell asleep. I woke up and George was gone. I jumped up and started panicking. I looked in the personal bathroom and he wasn't in there. That's when I really started to panic.I ran to the front desk.

"Do you know where my fiancé is?",I ran my fingers through my hair nervously.

"Oh George he's-

"I'm right here Kay",I turned around to see George.

"You don't do that",I sighed as he hugged me.

"I'm sorry I was just hungry",He brushed my hair from my face kissing my forehead.

"Whatever",I murmured in his chest.

  I couldn't even inhale his scent because he smells like this hospital. Hospitals really aren't a good smell. I don't even understand why he's even up. I needed him to get well enough for when he gets home. I know the girls will be all over him as well as Mason. I helped him back in his bed. I couldn't help the tears that streamed down my face. I'm scared. Life is so precious and anyone you love can be taken away in a matter of seconds.

"Kay",George face softened.

"No George ", I moved his hand." You don't understand this feeling as much as I do. My mom,my everything she's gone and never coming back. My nephew gone. I live with that everyday. I didn't wanna fall in love with you because I knew everything you are involved with." I tried getting some composure, so I could say what I needed to say.

"You don't know how bad that would hurt me if I lost you. I didn't plan on any of this. I didn't plan to love you, to be with you, or have these kids George. I can't even sleep without you. The girls they can't sleep with out you. Just seeing you laying in this hospital bed I couldn't leave you. I couldn't. I can't lose you ever",I watched as tears streamed down his face.

"Come here",He extended his hands for me.

   I walked over to him and he held onto me tight. I laid my head on his shoulder crying uncontrollably. If I ever lost him I wouldn't be able to do it. He got me better when my mom died. Despite of the cheating I know where his heart is. Mine is always with him.

"I promise you I'm not ever going anywhere"