Cause for concern

Kay POV
Chapter //21//

I was sitting in the waiting room with Dericka, MJ and Alicia (George's Mom). My dad came and got the kids last night. We haven't heard anything from the doctors. I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad one.

Flashback.

"I love you!",George looked up at me smiling.

"I love you too",I pecked his lips.

"I love yoouuu!",He started attacking me with kisses.

Flashback #2

"Uggghhhh!",I groaned trying to push Aiko out.

"I can't do it!",I started to cry.

"Baby yes you can I'm right here!",He held my hand." I'm not going no where I promise"

Flashback #3

"Shut the fuck up. I'm so fucking tired of you!",I yelled.

"Just stop talking to me before I fuck you up man!",He went in the bathroom slamming the door cause the kids to cry.

I went and put the kids back to sleep. I was always so mean to him. The counselor said I need to work on it. That he's not going to walk out on me like my dad did. I just couldn't trust it. I walked in the room and we said sorry at the same time.

"I love you!",I wrapped my arms around his neck.

__________________________________________________________

"Kay!",I was Snapped back to reality.

I looked up to see a doctor and I don't know if I wanted him here or not. I'm beyond scared. That's my baby man, what if I lose him.

"The family of George Moore",The doctor called out. We all stood up approaching the doctor.

"Is he okay?",I spoke up.

"The condition he's in right now it's hard to say", He sighed looking up from his clipboard.

"What do you mean?",We all said in unison.

"Well can I see him?" ,I held my hand up trying to calm everyone.

"Are you sure?",The doctor kind of stopped me.

"Yes I'm positive let me see him"

"You go ahead I can't see him like dat!",Alicia spoke up.MJ and Dericka agreed with her.

"Okay", I followed him up the hallway and we entered the ICU department.

We finally walked up to a door and he opened it. I saw George laying there hooked all up to machines. He had a busted lip and a swollen eye to add to all that. This makes me so sad. I could've stopped him but I just let him go.

"What happened?",I started crying.

"He was involved in a shooting. He suffers from multiple gun shot wounds.We slipped him into a medically induced coma to help his body have some fight. We took him in emergency surgery. Now we're just waiting for his body to respond.",I stood there next to George holding his hand. The doctor left and I started crying uncontrollably.

"Baby I can't do this without you. If you can hear me I love you",I sniffled." This is my fault I should've never let you go. I'm so sorry"

"George get better you have to. We all need you, your family needs you",I kissed his forehead.

I pulled the chair next to him just praying. That's what I should've been doing all this time. I sat there when my phone started ringing. I pulled it out my pocket to see it was a facetime call from my dad.

"Hello",I answered dryly.

"Baby girl he's going to be okay. Whatever those doctors say they're wrong. Only God has the last say in this. Nobody but God himself.",My dad assured me and it made me feel a little bit better.

"Mommy I miss you. I woke up and you were gone",Aiko started pouting.

"Where's dad?",Mason spoke up.

"Yeahhh mama where daddy?",Estuko started smiling. I looked at my dad and he shook his head yeah.I just needed reassurance I was doing the right thing by telling them.

"Daddy is in the hospital",My heart started to ache.

"Why is daddy there?",Aiko put her face back in the camera.

"Daddy got hurt so he's going to be here for a little while",I tried calming them down.

"Why can't he come home? We miss him", Aiko started crying. So when she started crying Estuko started crying.

"Okay mommy's gotta stay with daddy. You guys can see her later but right your spending time with Grandpa"

"I want my mommy", Aiko was sniffling and Estuko was screaming my name in the background.

"Who wants ice cream?",My dad started shouting.

Mason and Estuko was ready for some ice cream. Not so much Aiko she was still crying and she didn't want me to hang up.

"Aiko I promise mommy is coming to get you later",I tried cheering her up." Now go eat ice cream with grandpa!"

"But I don't wanna eat ice cream with grandpa.",She was still crying to the point her nose was running." I want you mommy. I want you to come home",She wiped her eyes.

I honestly felt bad the way my kids are reacting without us. That's what made me more upset that George is laying here. His kids love him so much and that's all they know is Daddy and Mommy.

"I want you and daddy to come home",My dad tried taking the phone but she snatched it back.

"Aiko look at me. Stop crying now. I have to be here with daddy so you need to stop crying. It's just like school before you know it we'll be back together",She stopped crying but was still sniffling." I love you baby",I cooed.

"I love you too mommy",She kissed the phone." Tell daddy I love him too",She waved bye before handing my dad back the phone.

"Well as promised I have to get these kids some ice cream. Anything I should know about?"

"Mas is allergic to nuts. No toppings for Aiko no matter how much she ask. She will run wild if you give her any toppings. None for Estuko either dad",

"Okay I love you!"

" I love you too. Keep my babies safe",I quickly said before he hung up.

"Protect them with my life",He hung up.

I brought my attention back to George. when he gets out of here I don't ever want to see him like this again. I know he will,my baby is a fighter.