Road to RECOVERY!

Kay Pov
Chapter 10

I was up bright and early this morning. I don't know if it was me letting go like my mom said, or if it was this sunny day. I needed to catch up on school. I only had a couple of months left so I needed to graduate. Not for any other reason than to make my mom proud.

I wrapped a towel around my body walking into the room to find something to wear. I scrambled through my duffel bag for some sweat pants and a hoodie. I can't take living out of a bag we need to do something. I put on my lotion and my under garments getting dressed right after. George was somewhere in the house. Probably out back getting fresh air, that's where he spends most of his time.

     I had a meltdown last night and he couldn't do anything to comfort me. Which I know threw him for a loop, because he's always able to. I just need to grieve on my own time, at my own pace. After eating some cheesy eggs and bacon I realized I was running late. I just want it to feel like old times so I'm picking up MJ. Just like I used to every morning when I was living with my mom. I walked out into the backyard to see George. In the exact same spot I knew he would be. I walked out without a word trying to catch the view that he thinks is so wonderful. I tried relaxing while I could taking a seat on his lap. He instantly wrapped his hands around my waist and I just felt some sense of security.

" I know baby",I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"I just hate seeing you like this. Knowing that there's nothing I can do hurts even more"

"I'm going to be fine",I pecked his lips before getting up."Besides I got yo bun in the oven",I rubbed my stomach giggling.

"Yeah I know",He stood up taking my hand.

"It's a girl too",I cheesed super hard. I've always wanted a girl. So we could have mommy-daughter day and all that good stuff.

"How do you know that?",We headed for the front door.

"Because my mom told me in my dream", he just grinned.

"I really wish you'll let me drive you",He stopped me before I walked out the door.

"No George, I need this. Old times okay? That doesn't mean I catch you booed up in the store with some bitch",I laughed grabbing my keys.

"Yeah that's not happening no time soon",He teased but I straight faced him.

"I'll beat your ass don't play",I pinched him.

"I'm just playing",He chuckled.

I got into my truck pulling out of the driveway. I actually wasn't headed to school but I was going to get MJ. I just want to get to the bottom of things. I have so much running through my head right now. Between the baby and my mom this is a lot to handle. I pulled up to MJ house shortly after I left. He stayed ready so it wasn't really a problem most of the time. I honked my horn and he came right out running.

"Hey chicka",He kissed my cheek.

"Okay first we need to stop by the house",I exhaled at just the thought alone.

I pulled off and headed to my house. My mom told me to let go, so this is the process. I was going to pack up the house and refurnish it. If I felt up to it maybe some different paint. That old wallpaper my mom put up never made the cut. I know I shouldn't do this alone and who better than MJ.

He's been around all my life. Plus he's a little fashionista. I pulled into the driveway and already I felt like turning around. I sat in the car for about 10 minutes before I decided to get out. I put my key in the door and twisted the door knob, I could feel chills down my back as the door swung open. The house looks so dull. Almost as if it died with my mom if that makes any sense

I walked in and everything was exactly how I left it. I walked in the kitchen, my mom's favorite room and saw the unfinished breakfast at the island. MJ quickly came behind me disposing of it. I quickly made my way to the counter to get her recipe book. When I opened it a letter fell out with a list on it. Right then and there I saw that my mom was gambling again. A while back it was always a problem for her but, I helped her over come it.

When ever things got tight I would hear her crying at night. That hurt more than anything.I would leave a couple thousands in the mailbox. She would always think it was from my grandparents. When she would call they wouldn't answer so she was fine with that too. If I would've just told her I was drug dealing she wouldn't be dead. I honestly don't know why she's gone in the first place. I mean why target the whole family over a couple thousands. The doorbell rang causing me and MJ to look at each other in silence. He took the lead on opening the door. While I stood behind him with my hand on my gun that I had tucked in my purse. As soon as he opened the door I immediately became stuck.

"Mr.Jackson",MJ pursed his lips. Without any invitation he walked in. I stood there thinking and with a little more thinking I raised my gun up.

"Kay. Honey. I know I can't replace for lost time but I'm so sorry. I wanted to take you with me I just couldn't risk putting you in that kind of danger",He held up his hands pleading.

"How nice. So you just start another family Huh? I saw you and you didn't even recognize me!",I laughed lightly.

MJ stood by me just in case I decided to knock his fucking head off his shoulders. Which I was really tempted to do at this point. For all I know he's behind this.

"You don't get to just show up. After my mom died-

"Kay what do you mean dead?", A confused look stretched across his face.

"Don't act like you don't know. Word gets around fast in this city",I gave him this look of disgust.

"Kay baby. I didn't know. She texted me this morning, See",He handed me his phone. This was most definitely my mom's phone number but it was not her texting.

"Everybody get on the floor now",I dropped to the floor as did they. Just like that the door busted opened to a family reunion of my sister. So much for family they're the ones to turn on you quicker.

Quick note:

We all knew Kay sister was up to something. So it isn't that much of a surprise there.